Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fair enough i don't know why I read it that way. I even worked it out in my head running round today and came up with 12x400=5k. I think i'm close to sub-20, i didn't deserve to get close today with my prep but doing it right i think i can do it soon.
If you want pacing, I could try and help one day.

Aborted run after half mile this morning. Had trapped nerve in neck problem on off for 4 months now, soon as i started running got pain between chest n shoulder blade with waves of tingling down arm. Sick of niggles. Phone docs tomorrow.

Aborted run after half mile this morning. Had trapped nerve in neck problem on off for 4 months now, soon as i started running got pain between chest n shoulder blade with waves of tingling down arm. Sick of niggles. Phone docs tomorrow.
When l start getting muscle spasms in my back, I go and see sr acupuncture and tui na

Is a crazy game this running game :lol: haven’t been out since early-mid May because of the shin pains and tight hamstring I’d mentioned in my first post on this thread. Was a bit gutted as the 100k in May stuff was inspiring (not that I feel like id ever be able to do that much because of said issues) so decided to give it a bash in June instead. I needed to get back out and stop making excuses as there’s always going to be wear and tear and no run in a few weeks was taking its toll on my headspace. So I joined the 100k in June challenge on the NRC app just as a bit of a target to look at while thinking to myself I’ll be happy if I make 50k to be honest.

Managed seven and a bit K on Monday and backed it up with a nudge under five on Tuesday. Hamstring started feeling tight again and gave me a few warning niggles so had Wednesday and Thursday off resting and icing it. Stuck 5.5 in on Friday - god it was awful. From start to finish I hated it and the times of all three were nowhere near what I’d set on PB efforts since lockdown. Anyway, I’ve told myself times aren’t important this month especially as it’s a quest to see if I can run smarter, resulting in running more. So I was on 17 and change out of the 100k this morning and to be in with a shot I’ll need 25k / week so thought I’ll try and get out this morning for 5-7k. I also thought I’ll knock off the times and average splits so it’s just me out running.

I’ve stuck 10k in and a PB at 52.04 knocking some three and a half minutes off my previous 10k PB :lol: no idea how as it wasn’t a particularly friendly route - going out on the front along the tops down the coast and it being quite uneven, naturally.

Absolutely buzzing. I’ve smashed a PB without really preparing myself to go for it and I’ve managed four runs in a week and more miles in a week than I’ve run probably since school or college with cross countries and football etc etc.

Up to 27.5 after week one so the initial (personal target) 50k is looking within reach. Hoping I can just keep ploughing on without any setbacks needing prolonged lay off and see where I get. Class feeling today though!

Nice steady 15 miles yesterday tea time....felt comfortable and could have gone further..........prep for the York marathon training starting shortly (although sure it will be cancelled but giving me motivation to train still)

Nice steady 15 miles yesterday tea time....felt comfortable and could have gone further..........prep for the York marathon training starting shortly (although sure it will be cancelled but giving me motivation to train still)
Saw they posted the other day on facebook saying they still awaiting guidance, agree dont see it being on, I start my program next week though and guess will plod on that till they cancel it and either do a diy one or go back to just the base building training doing now in hpoe of an April marathon.

Saw they posted the other day on facebook saying they still awaiting guidance, agree dont see it being on, I start my program next week though and guess will plod on that till they cancel it and either do a diy one or go back to just the base building training doing now in hpoe of an April marathon.
Me and my brother in law who I am running with may go down to York on the weekend and run 26.2 anyway....depending n the restrictions etc

Can't shake this groin strain like. So frustrating not being able to get back out there. Worst first thing in the morning then kind of fades away and is only present if I do some stretches.

Can't shake this groin strain like. So frustrating not being able to get back out there. Worst first thing in the morning then kind of fades away and is only present if I do some stretches.

I’ve had nearly a month off doing anything, my niggles have all gone away but they’ve taken any motivation I had with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back