Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good work that mate well done.

I have put 5k training to the side - I do want sub-20 but i enjoy trail running so much more. I have been going to Penshaw monument and the surround grounds and forest, it's perfect for trail run & elevation training. I am going to use it the rest of summer for Coniston marathon training.
Thank you, it is very civilised and polite here, everyone is very supportive.

We would go for walks from Herrington to fatfield/Victoria viaduct with our grandad, those steps down to the river would be good to sprint up.

I was doing a lot of easier paced trail runs last year and I do prefer it to the faster paces, but I wanted a target to aim for. At the end of the day it’s probably best to do what you enjoy.

Thank you, it is very civilised and polite here, everyone is very supportive.

We would go for walks from Herrington to fatfield/Victoria viaduct with our grandad, those steps down to the river would be good to sprint up.

I was doing a lot of easier paced trail runs last year and I do prefer it to the faster paces, but I wanted a target to aim for. At the end of the day it’s probably best to do what you enjoy.

This is probably the most civil and supportive thread on the whole board. 😂

Edinburgh cancelled. And the bastards still won't offer a refund.
Shocking if they don't offer a refund.....I get that they need to pay for things etc but they neglect the fact that many people have been furloughed or even made redundant and may need that money.

Shocking if they don't offer a refund.....I get that they need to pay for things etc but they neglect the fact that many people have been furloughed or even made redundant and may need that money.
Options are.

Defer
Do a virtual run
Donate place next year to a charity
Put your number up for sale and hope that someone buys it

Options are.

Defer
Do a virtual run
Donate place next year to a charity
Put your number up for sale and hope that someone buys it
Even more reason to do more local organised runs. Join a club snd you’ll find loads of better runs than the mass ones. They’re all about the money!

It was cooler this evening and I was disappointed with my times earlier this week so I tried again tonight and knocked another 30 seconds off the 5k time ... with another 3 months of training I might achieve a sub-20 minutes. :D

I think that the difference would be more regular tempo runs of over 3 miles in order to build better ‘speed endurance’.

Not a huge amount, occasional footy. The running started to lose a bit of weight, then it became a bit of an addiction.
Yes it can be addictive, especially when you see some progress, double bonus when it’s enjoyable. I’ve felt like my heart and lungs are ready to explode over the past 12 weeks.

I took a look at the plan you used and it’s quite similar to what I’ve been doing, but I have had more rest days instead of cross training or easy runs. I can try to reduce the amount rest over the next block of training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back