Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't shake this groin strain like. So frustrating not being able to get back out there. Worst first thing in the morning then kind of fades away and is only present if I do some stretches.
I'm running with a groin strain.....had it for about 6 months.....don't feel it after abut 3 mile

Was already to start again this morning, ankle feels fine so I’m ready to go, had a Chinese on sat night and I have the squirts so I best wait another day our 2 as I ain’t getting caught out with that

Saw they posted the other day on facebook saying they still awaiting guidance, agree dont see it being on, I start my program next week though and guess will plod on that till they cancel it and either do a diy one or go back to just the base building training doing now in hpoe of an April marathon.
Your training seems to be going well.......runs are getting quicker

Your training seems to be going well.......runs are getting quicker
Yep definatley seeing progress and reckon based off daniel tables am at around 3.24 marathon compared to 3.29 when I did it last October so starting in a much better place. Alsmost would prefer sticking with what I am doing and sqeezing out more at base training, but will jump over to P&D and have a midweek longer run as know thats beneficial as well. Weight loss has helped as well ideally would like to lose another half a stone or so, would really like to try and get to good for age time. Last two days first had any niggles slight tightness in on of my calves didnt stop me this morning just a touch pain, hoping a good roll will sort it out.

Last edited:
Been plateauing/slowing down a little recently, though I think there's a few factors at play. The heat is definitely playing a part, we've had a relatively good spring/summer so far but it hasn't been the best to run in. With no gyms being open I've been running an extra 10k or so a week which could be wearing me down a bit. Lastly I think my running shoes have reached their potential, got them late December and they probably have at least 400 miles in them now. I tend to only change shoes once a year but I think it definitely needs to become every 6 months now. Hopefully with some new shoes, a bit cooler weather and maybes the return of events I should get back to hitting some PBs again.

After 11 weeks of only running in Zones 1 & 2 with no speed intervals or tempo runs just knocked out a 93 second 10K pb for the Virtual Blaydon Race & did it with an average heart rate 8bpm lower than my official pb. Well chuffed.

Fab stuff.

Just done my virtual Blaydon Race in my lunch break. Well off the pace in just over 46 mins.

Missing the structure of the club sessions as I just cant motivate myself or disciplined enough to follow the program on my own

At least I am still reasonably fit I suppose.

Typically the weather today was perfect for the race as its usually a million degrees.

Starting to miss parkrun on a saturday now like. I had planned on doing a lot of tourism this year but Ill just be happy to do another one in 2020. Cant see it returning for a long time

Starting to miss parkrun on a saturday now like. I had planned on doing a lot of tourism this year but Ill just be happy to do another one in 2020. Cant see it returning for a long time

I was on course to get to 200 by the end of the year but beginning to wonder if the end of next year is realistic now.

I agree. There is regularly 500+ at my local parkrun in Whitley Bay so I cant see how it can be run within safety guidelines

My missus is on the core group and she reckons parkrun wont start again until its safely to do so globally, ie it wont startup in Australia until its safe to do so in the UK or USA

I'm in for the Coniston Marathon, 4th October...taking my chances it'll go ahead and paid the £48 entry tonight.

Started doing elevation training this week at Penshaw monument. Going to try and find an ultra i fancy for end of October / beginning of November and use Coniston as a training race. That said it looks challenging in itself.

Buzzing to have a race to work towards.

Also interested in the wooler marathon, so might do that if a suitable Ultra isn't found

Last edited:
Lakeland trails are great runs. Might do the dirty double again next year. Not dure any mass races may go ahead this year unless maybe in small waves??

Lakeland trails are great runs. Might do the dirty double again next year. Not dure any mass races may go ahead this year unless maybe in small waves??
I think they could figure out a way of doing it, even if the contenders started together and then everyone else set off staggered... there'll be a way of doing it. I posted the Endurance Life coastal trail series guide to running races in Covid-19 a few pages back and that seemed reasonable.

My balance of risk was the entry fee and race will motivate me to train hard, if pubs and restaurants are open then outdoor gatherings will have higher capacity, and it's still 4 months away with restrictions easing every 2 weeks at present.

I've done 1 lakeland trails event and agree it was great. Looking forward to a long weekend for this.

Last edited:
Recently been just running at a greenzone pace, listing to podcasts with maybe 1 "speed" session in a week if i fancy it. Loving it.

Usually id be beating myself with a stick starting to train for GNR but just really enjoying taking pressure off and running in zone 2/3.

Oof, that hurt. Had a trot around the Durham City 5k course. Was all going nicely for 4k, then I found myself at the foot of Providence Row with a route taking my up to Palace Green. I made it, but it was painful. Now I need to entertain the family all afternoon. Not one of my better days.

Disappointing week this week after last Sunday’s high.

Had Monday and Tuesday off then stuck a good 8.5 in Wednesday. Felt good, nicely paced. Ready to tackle a few more over the weekend. Played golf Thursday and appear to have hurt my foot. I’ve not suffered from it before but I’m not sure if it’s a bit of PF or not, it’s not my heel but the sole of my right foot towards the outside edge has been hurting since. I could barely walk on it on Friday. A real sharp, intense pain. Does feel a little tender and swollen. It adds up to PF apart from the location not being exactly my heel. Mentioned I get troubles with my calf as well so again ties in. Still not changed my shoes so again, could be the issue.

Frustrated as I was buzzing from last week so find myself laboured on shy of 40k. Did say 50k was my personal goal so that’s very much within reach still if my foot eases. But the 100k will be tough now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back