Running Thread 2018

@MagicRat did you do the sland 5k last night mate ?
I’d entered and was looking forward to it but had calf ‘knots’ this week so had to give it a miss. Was in with ppt Coxhoe yesterday and seem to be sorted now, gonna try a run later.

Did you watch? Not seen any results yet but usually some rapid times there

only caught the very beginning mate but thought i didnt see your face , yeah it brings out all the fast lads , was a decent night for it also as was very little wind which is only thing that can spoil that route

only caught the very beginning mate but thought i didnt see your face , yeah it brings out all the fast lads , was a decent night for it also as was very little wind which is only thing that can spoil that route
aye, I was gutted to miss it. Been running well last couple months so was hoping for a big run with it being such a good field. Gonna do the next Friday night one at Temple park instead.

I had Lee ranting about Ironman at the kids cricket on Tuesday. Seems the Bolton event could be badly affected by the fires and algae this weekend.

aye, I was gutted to miss it. Been running well last couple months so was hoping for a big run with it being such a good field. Gonna do the next Friday night one at Temple park instead.

I had Lee ranting about Ironman at the kids cricket on Tuesday. Seems the Bolton event could be badly affected by the fires and algae this weekend.
apparently it's raining, so should help the algae issue. Nowt they can do about the bike course like.

Did it last year and thought it was hot then. Must have been like an oven today.
Great run though, little bit different to the usual..

Great run for 4 quid.... and soup and cakes after. Took it easy as i hate running in heat!!

Missus ran it, took a wrong turning and ended up doing 9 miles.

Grim news. Thats shit to hear.
Tony was a Cramlington lad like myself and was in Blyth club too.
Hadn't seen him since he moved down Yorkshire (?) way.
:(:(

Aye, they opened Let's Run in Stokesley but iirc lived in Great Ayton. The thing that struck me was that even with new customers by the time you left you felt like he'd known you for years.

Anyone doing the Durham 10k tomorrow? It looks like the course has changed slightly but if its anything like last year it will be tough especially in the heat. With this in mind I will be astounded if I beat my pb

Anyone doing the Durham 10k tomorrow? It looks like the course has changed slightly but if its anything like last year it will be tough especially in the heat. With this in mind I will be astounded if I beat my pb
I'm doing the 5k for the If U Care Share charity. Looking forward to it but haven't done any running, pre season or weight training since getting back from Zante last month. And had a fair few drinks due to the world Cup.

Hopefully will get through in good time but should be on much better shape for it

Back