Running Thread 2018

Aye i know. Its mad really. I race at least twice per month too. Who would u recomend pal?
Depends where you ;live. I'm with Sunderland Strollers, a great club which has some great runners and works hars but doesn't take itself too seriously. There is Washington, Sunderland Harriers, South shields and a few in Durham too. Best off checking websites to see when new starter sessions are on. Think Strollers is on Tuesday but also have sessions on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Depends where you ;live. I'm with Sunderland Strollers, a great club which has some great runners and works hars but doesn't take itself too seriously. There is Washington, Sunderland Harriers, South shields and a few in Durham too. Best off checking websites to see when new starter sessions are on. Think Strollers is on Tuesday but also have sessions on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Silky Striders? although not sure if they're affiliated.

Silky Striders? although not sure if they're affiliated.
Think they may be now. Much smaller than those i mentioned though and wear purple kit which isn't flattering imho. Know a few of them and they seem a canny bunch so should be an option to a new starter. My sister (no) runs for Houghton Harriers and they have kids group for those who wanna run and have childcare too. Ha Ha

Decided I’m going to go back and do my local marathon again next year. Last time. I didn’t do it this year as had a young daughter but would have beaten this years winning time 2 out of the last 3 years I did it. Hard work starts again in September. Yet to tell the wife.

Decided I’m going to go back and do my local marathon again next year. Last time. I didn’t do it this year as had a young daughter but would have beaten this years winning time 2 out of the last 3 years I did it. Hard work starts again in September. Yet to tell the wife.
Which one?

What's the winning time?

Chip was in the 2.40's. I did a 2.42 a few years back but never been fitter, ideal conditions and ran as near perfect as I ever have.

Will be aiming for sub 2.55 next year. Ideally sub 2.50 but I think that's highly unlikely.

Been out for 3 month now with a grade 3 ligament sprain, not showing any signs of healing, got a sharp pain deep in the ankle everytime I bend it, get swelling when doing low impact things like the cross training.

Really getting me down not been able to run. Had to pull out of GNR :(

Dont worry about what you havent done focus on what you have. In your position Id enjoy the first two mile (it will be slower pace due to crowds at start) then when you hit the start of mile 3 tell your self right its time to run the 4 mile Ive done before.
I’m following a couch to half marathon plan which will have me running 7 miles the Sunday just before the 10k so fingers crossed I will have done the distance before. First park run this morning then 5 miles tomorrow is this weekends plan

5k yesterday morning and my foot has gone again.:cry:
Only managed about 20 miles in the last 10 weeks. Looks like I'll have to change my approach and join a gym for a couple of months and do non impact stuff until I get my foot sorted. Massively frustrating.

Eccup 10 mile today. Was hot as you can imagine so I was happy with 1:13:25. 105th overall.

Yesterday I did the inaugural Armley parkrun. It was decent - any Leeds based people who didn't go should give it a try. I'll probably still keep Woodhouse Moor as my main one, but this will be handy when Sunderland are playing as it's closer and I can get back and away quicker.

just signed up for durham 10km in a couple of weeks. Never ran over 4 miles :eek:

Some nice little hills on that one. Watch out for the foot bridge too. It moves whilst running over so if your not in the first few you'be gotta hit it at right time or completely change momentum on bridge.

I’m following a couch to half marathon plan which will have me running 7 miles the Sunday just before the 10k so fingers crossed I will have done the distance before. First park run this morning then 5 miles tomorrow is this weekends plan

Sure you'll be fine with that distance. If you can do 10miles before GNR you'll finish course. Timing is another thing though.

Do I know you?

Back