Running Thread 2018

Some nice little hills on that one. Watch out for the foot bridge too. It moves whilst running over so if your not in the first few you'be gotta hit it at right time or completely change momentum on bridge.

Sure you'll be fine with that distance. If you can do 10miles before GNR you'll finish course. Timing is another thing though.
Yer I heard it's quite hilly.

I don't actually have a place for the GNR, I'm doing the training along side a workmate who does have a place but needs that extra motivation to train. Might try for a charity place if I manage Durham OK. This sundays plan is a 10km so I'll see how I get on with that. Might run a similar route of the Durham 10km to see how I get on actually.

Eccup 10 mile today. Was hot as you can imagine so I was happy with 1:13:25. 105th overall.

Yesterday I did the inaugural Armley parkrun. It was decent - any Leeds based people who didn't go should give it a try. I'll probably still keep Woodhouse Moor as my main one, but this will be handy when Sunderland are playing as it's closer and I can get back and away quicker.
Very good time that. 1:22:39 for me which I was over the moon with, given the conditions and it was only my 11th run of this calendar year...

I saw a couple of Sunderland Stroller tops at the beginning- was one of them you?

aye obviously :lol: , heard a couple of your lads are moving over to harriers ?
I never quoted you.

If it's who i think then they went to a session a couple of weeks back. People can please themselves.

Been out for 3 month now with a grade 3 ligament sprain, not showing any signs of healing, got a sharp pain deep in the ankle everytime I bend it, get swelling when doing low impact things like the cross training.

Really getting me down not been able to run. Had to pull out of GNR :(
I hate not being able to run. Can you do any other exercise?

Last edited:
Very good time that. 1:22:39 for me which I was over the moon with, given the conditions and it was only my 11th run of this calendar year...

I saw a couple of Sunderland Stroller tops at the beginning- was one of them you?

No mate I'm Leeds based. I saw quite a few of them too.

Yer I heard it's quite hilly.

I don't actually have a place for the GNR, I'm doing the training along side a workmate who does have a place but needs that extra motivation to train. Might try for a charity place if I manage Durham OK. This sundays plan is a 10km so I'll see how I get on with that. Might run a similar route of the Durham 10km to see how I get on actually.

The Charity deadline is usually around the 1st weekend in July so you might be cutting it fine.

Might try that, tried it 2 month back and got pain.

:eek: Were you still hitting the bottom of the pool? This is what my physio sent me on how to do aqua running when I had a metatarsal stress fracture.

Last edited:
Hoping to improve on my first year of running, looking to beat all my current PB's:- 5K 24:29, 10K 49:19, Half Marathon 1:56:35.

Only have Sunderland Half booked in at the moment but will be looking to enter more in the next month or so.

Started a bit of Trail running at the end of last year up Penshaw so i may explorer that area a bit more and enter into the Trail Outlaws 2018 Season Ticket.

Beat my 10k time at the weekend at Gateshead 10k, coming in at 49:01. Managed to hit my target for the year already so i'm going to try and knock some time off my current 5k PB by the end of the year currently it's 23:10. Would love to get this to a sub 23. Got Darlington 10K booked in for August hopefully try and get sub 49 for that.

Back