Running Thread 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
49.45 for Durham. A minute down on last year but the course was quite congested (especially the first two miles or so) so was difficult to get round, it was a different course this year and was quite enjoyable (apart from that killer hill leading up to the claypath).

49.45 for Durham. A minute down on last year but the course was quite congested (especially the first two miles or so) so was difficult to get round, it was a different course this year and was quite enjoyable (apart from that killer hill leading up to the claypath).
Yer it didn’t really thin out till you were past the student union. When we set off I was walking through the market place.

Yer it didn’t really thin out till you were past the student union. When we set off I was walking through the market place.
It didn't help that some started far too close to the front than they should have. It was clearly marked at the start where you think you should start, and yet I had to negotiate past people who were walking cos they were already fucked before the first mile !

just got in from my first ever half marathon. I'm fuming like, thought a half marathon was 12.7 mile for some reason. Anyway done 13 just to make sure, uploaded run and no half marathon time on garmin :mad: so it seems im a few meters short. Still claiming it though

just got in from my first ever half marathon. I'm fuming like, thought a half marathon was 12.7 mile for some reason. Anyway done 13 just to make sure, uploaded run and no half marathon time on garmin :mad: so it seems im a few meters short. Still claiming it though
13.1 ain't it?

Thoroughly enjoyed durham and we saw the famous becs from the smb Sunderland messageboard

Ran my fastest parkrun since January last year. After 18 months of constant niggles & a couple of 2 month injuries it feels good to finally be making progress again.

It didn't help that some started far too close to the front than they should have. It was clearly marked at the start where you think you should start, and yet I had to negotiate past people who were walking cos they were already fucked before the first mile !

As far as I can tell it's mostly 1st timers who've never done an event before & have no idea how long it actually takes but they have to put an expected time time in when they sign up. Experienced runners tend to pick the right zone for them.

I'll never understand that mentality. GNR is full of them.

The GNR is a combination of what I just said above & people who didn't get in the ballot buying any number they can get their hands on.

Last edited:
Currently working up towards my first marathon in October (Yorkshire Marathon).

Just done my second 12 miler today. Stepping up to 14 next week.

Very happy with my how my pace is coming along but think I’m going to need to invest in some new shoes soon.

Reactions: Esh
PB at the 5k LGBT on friday night. 22.36. First time i have been under 23. Flat course but felt really good considering i ran 4k from work with a backpack on 30 mins before a race.

Maybe i need to start doing warm ups for races as normally its the first kilometre that is mine.

Parkrun PB today

Same for me yesterday. 20:56 which saw me finish in 14th overall. It's only my 6th parkrun and my times have more or less slightly improved each time.

I've finally bought my watch too and eager to test it out. Hopefully it'll feel better not having my phone strapped to my arm.

PB at the 5k LGBT on friday night. 22.36. First time i have been under 23. Flat course but felt really good considering i ran 4k from work with a backpack on 30 mins before a race.

Maybe i need to start doing warm ups for races as normally its the first kilometre that is mine.

I always jog to parkrun which I find helps as a warm up (also for a cool down). I have three all within 4km of where I live so it's ideal really.

Last edited:
Did a hardmoors half marathon a couple of years ago. Was 19 miles. Did the full the next time!

Currently working up towards my first marathon in October (Yorkshire Marathon).

Just done my second 12 miler today. Stepping up to 14 next week.

Very happy with my how my pace is coming along but think I’m going to need to invest in some new shoes soon.
Do the new shoes sooner rather than later. Give yourself plenty time to get used to them. And to find some.

Last edited:
Same for me yesterday. 20:56 which saw me finish in 14th overall. It's only my 6th parkrun and my times have more or less slightly improved each time.

I've finally bought my watch too and eager to test it out. Hopefully it'll feel better not having my phone strapped to my arm.

I always jog to parkrun which I find helps as a warm up (also for a cool down). I have three all within 4km of where I live so it's ideal really.
wow, you're miles ahead of me. 25.16 for me. Sub 8 min miles is the next milestone for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back