Running Thread 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

In a training block at the minute that has gone better than the last 2 years by some distance, got my first 10k of the year in a fortnight so I’ll see how that goes but I’m feeling positive for the rest of the year!

coming into a bit more form myself. after a complete lack of training from October to February I had pretty much given up hope on a decent result in London Marathon. Have then been chipping away for about 6 weeks and a few strong runs in the past couple of weeks.

As mentioned, it's a great feeling when your legs start to do what your mind asks them to do!

2 days away from my first Marathon and i'm just eating utter shite all the time feeling a bit lousy. Got a bad foot anarl so not looking forward to it at all.

Crap excuse. You don't really need to carb load.

Not even for a Marathon? I can get round a 10K ok without specifically carb loading & probably a 10 miler but every time I've tried anything longer than that without carb loading I've crashed about 90 mins in even when taking gels.

Not even for a Marathon? I can get round a 10K ok without specifically carb loading & probably a 10 miler but every time I've tried anything longer than that without carb loading I've crashed about 90 mins in even when taking gels.
I eat carbs, but no need to go silly imo. Mind, I'm carrying extra weight so got plenty in reserve! For london marathon coming up, I'll probably share a garlic bread, eat pasta and get an ice cream for my pre race meal.

I know I've timed this really, really badly (with spring seemingly finally sprung) but I'm after a bit of help from fellow runners on the SMB.

I've just edited my first guided indoor exercise/treadmill running video and it's been published on the YouTube channel below.

The channel's owner is considering let me do other guided treadmill videos if its well received and I'd love to be able to publish a video from around the Sunderland area so I'd welcome any constructive feedback on here.

And I know, I know it's miles better running outside :)

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back