Running Thread 2018

Not even for a Marathon? I can get round a 10K ok without specifically carb loading & probably a 10 miler but every time I've tried anything longer than that without carb loading I've crashed about 90 mins in even when taking gels.
Try taking some proper food as well. Flap jack, pizza, pork pie etc. If you feed regularly on a lnlorun you shouldn't have any problems. Once you hit the wall though its kind of too late to feed then.

Our runs are mainly long distance. All off road marathons ,ultras etc. If i find a mixture of food helps.
You don't need for road marathons though unless you're 5+ hours.

On ultras I've found myself eating less. For no specific reason. I think i was just greedy.

Well that's me chuffed :p While out on my 4.5 mile run today, which is now 2 weeks in to 10k training after completing the c25k. I saw a group of army recruits on their training, about 10 of them I think. I have around 1.75 miles left and see them just starting at my 1.5 mile turn, thought to myself could I, so I gave it a go, did my turn and caught 4 of them before before the .75 mile, caught 2 more before my next turn and 2 more before giving it the big I am sprint to finish, coughed up a lung though ;)

Never done anything like that while on 2 feet, amazed I am actually doing this running lark, like I said I am chuffed and the benefits are great, bought a new hole punch to add holes to my belts and from the looks of it a new wardrobe is needed, just in time for summer too :cool:

I've been told by a few people 2 days then 2 weeks then 2 months
You were right ... god only knows how long calf strain drag on , thought mine was fixed and boom it’s suddenly flared up again , looks like 10 days doin nowt ... FFS never gonna make Tokyo or do tris with dan at this rate

Anyone used the performance clinic for physio at uni? If so which one best to use if any experience, cheees
Penny is well recommended.

You were right ... god only knows how long calf strain drag on , thought mine was fixed and boom it’s suddenly flared up again , looks like 10 days doin nowt ... FFS never gonna make Tokyo or do tris with dan at this rate
You don't even have a bike!

Anyone used the performance clinic for physio at uni? If so which one best to use if any experience, cheees
Penny is very good mate BUT she only works part time there and she’s not cheap either , guess it depends how many times have to see her , she certainly knows her stuff though and is a Wad

You don't even have a bike!
:lol:.. Still got me mountain bike :lol:, Been waiting for this calf issue to do one but just dragging on , got told to avoid cycling . Been swimming couple times though !

Last edited:
Penny is very good mate BUT she only works part time there and she’s not cheap either , guess it depends how many times have to see her , she certainly knows her stuff though and is a Wad

:lol:.. Still got me mountain bike :lol:, Been waiting for this calf issue to do one but just dragging on , got told to avoid cycling . Been swimming couple times though !
Who told you that? When i was injured last year, i cycled nee bother.

Penny is a wad. Been at PC when students need to give a massage. She was getting a back massage. Splurt.

Welll I've managed to drag my lazy arsr out of bed and I'm off to do a parkrun.
Think the hardest part will be stopping myself from going off at a daft pace that i won't keep up.

How did you get on?

Was warm this morning like.
Not happy but happy enough if you know what i mean. About 4 mins down on my times from last year but its my first 'non stop' run for this year. Paced it canny and didnt spacka myself. Yep got to be pleased with it i suppose.

At least i know i can get around the Terry o Gara next week now...

Back