Running Thread 2018

Not happy but happy enough if you know what i mean. About 4 mins down on my times from last year but its my first 'non stop' run for this year. Paced it canny and didnt spacka myself. Yep got to be pleased with it i suppose.

At least i know i can get around the Terry o Gara next week now...
Isn't the first mile downhill?! You'll be fine.

My half marathon curse has struck again. Didn't bother mentioning that I was doing the Sunderland Half as I've dropped out twice previously, once through a knee injury and once through ending up in hospital.
Bit behind schedule with training but did ten miles last week so know I could get round if I continued my training. Foot has flared up this week to the point where I can't walk. Been to walk in centre this morning and got inflamed joint probably caused by the running. Got Codeine for the pain and got to rest totally for a week. Nothing broken which was my main worry and still a chance I'll be able to get training again next week but could have done without it.:cry:

First proper race in a while this morning at Hartlepool marina after a few weather affected events and lots of kids footy to attend to. Felt in decent shape and am hopeful of a couple of good 10ks soon. Nice to run without hat and gloves too :cool:

Good to bump into the perennially injured Fletch too. Hope your luck changes eventually mate

My half marathon curse has struck again. Didn't bother mentioning that I was doing the Sunderland Half as I've dropped out twice previously, once through a knee injury and once through ending up in hospital.
Bit behind schedule with training but did ten miles last week so know I could get round if I continued my training. Foot has flared up this week to the point where I can't walk. Been to walk in centre this morning and got inflamed joint probably caused by the running. Got Codeine for the pain and got to rest totally for a week. Nothing broken which was my main worry and still a chance I'll be able to get training again next week but could have done without it.:cry:

I've entered every Sunderland half since they started but didn't get to run one until 2015 because I was constantly picking up injuries. Stick at it marra.

I've entered every Sunderland half since they started but didn't get to run one until 2015 because I was constantly picking up injuries. Stick at it marra.
I did the first one I entered but missed the next two and didn't even try last year. Did the GNR instead.
Still in a lot of pain but Codeine has taken the edge off. Managed to have a nap as well as didn't sleep last night. My only target for the race is to finish without walking so if this clears up in the next week or so I should be fine. Would be gutted if I was a proper runner and I was aiming for a time.

First proper race in a while this morning at Hartlepool marina after a few weather affected events and lots of kids footy to attend to. Felt in decent shape and am hopeful of a couple of good 10ks soon. Nice to run without hat and gloves too :cool:
Good to bump into the perennially injured Fletch too. Hope your luck changes eventually mate

cheers mate , told you dominic shaw would win it....

@D.A how come liam taylor's left the strollers ? he came about 5th

At least i know i can get around the Terry o Gara next week now...
IF you use a garmin post on here what distance you clock, heard a few saying the course was long last year but find that hard to believe this day and age, meant to be a fast one so good luck :cool:

IF you use a garmin post on here what distance you clock, heard a few saying the course was long last year but find that hard to believe this day and age, meant to be a fast one so good luck :cool:

My Garmin normally comes up slightly short. I heard they had it re-measured after the complaints last year but it was correct.

Cheers Fletch.
I normally do garmin my races but as ive been out for a while I wasnt going to do it this.
But as you've asked, I'll scrape the dust off it and measure it. (Guess I'd better charge it too).

cheers mate , told you dominic shaw would win it....

@D.A how come liam taylor's left the strollers ? he came about 5th

Don't think he's been a stroller for years.

Forecast is down to 19 for Sunday , 27 today down there today so should be ok , just try keep out the sun the day before if out n about

Back