Running Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 hr race in the morning - typical I'm full of bloody cold so will probably take it pretty easy but should be a canny day out.

Ran in the 10k at Kielder today, got round in just under 70mins. First couple of KMs was really frustrating with people walking and not moving to the side but after that I enjoyed it. You forget how beautiful it is up there, will do again I reckon.

Anyone else do it today?

Still places left for the darkskies marathon up there.

Out with patella tendonitis for a few months. Had some canny races booked too. Anyone on here recovered from it? Be interesting to find out what they did etc.

Last edited:
Still places left for the darkskies marathon up there.

Out with patella tendonitis for a few months. Had some canny races booked too. Anyone on here recovered from it? Be interesting to find out what they did etc.

Nowhere near marathon fit unfortunately, one day maybe!

York Marathon today. Missed my 5 hours target by 13m 30s! Bugger, means I will have to do another one...

Reactions: Esh
Went to the docs who reckons the knee is nothing to worry about and might just be a bit arthritis and that running will help it. Have it in my foot and manage okay.

Anyway just did a nice very slow little 5k and will see how the knee feels.

Reactions: Esh
Went to the docs who reckons the knee is nothing to worry about and might just be a bit arthritis and that running will help it. Have it in my foot and manage okay.

Anyway just did a nice very slow little 5k and will see how the knee feels.
Nice one. Just take it canny and don't do too much to soon.

Did my first mara at York yesterday. After worrying I wouldn't be able to make 3:30 I went for sub 3:40 pushing for 3:35. Ended up 3:32:44 so absolutely chuffed.

Didn't hit the wall till around mile 25 and boy did I hit it..that hill at the end was a sick, sick joke.

Did my first mara at York yesterday. After worrying I wouldn't be able to make 3:30 I went for sub 3:40 pushing for 3:35. Ended up 3:32:44 so absolutely chuffed.

Didn't hit the wall till around mile 25 and boy did I hit it..that hill at the end was a sick, sick joke.

Good going that mate. The hill at the end seemed a lot steeper going up than down, like! The wall hit me at 20, but I reckon I know what mistakes I made in training, nutrition and hydration, so will be better trained and prepared next time.

Fancying a Trail Marathon too for comparison purposes...

Good going that mate. The hill at the end seemed a lot steeper going up than down, like! The wall hit me at 20, but I reckon I know what mistakes I made in training, nutrition and hydration, so will be better trained and prepared next time.

Fancying a Trail Marathon too for comparison purposes...
Kielder dark skies

Yeah.

They told me it was flat! It wasn’t flat or didn’t feel like it. Sneaky hill at the end too.

The second half just feels like constant upwards incline, didnt register as such on my garmin but it was. Did 3.38 which was a pb but dies on the last few miles again and was way outside the time I wanted.

Will be making changes to my training not sure I do enough faster running especially think my long runs might be too slow, going to incorporate some P&D runs into my next schedule.

Did you follow the 3.30 pacer? he seemed to go off way too fast, I was on 3.25 pace at halfway and he was still ahead of me.

The second half just feels like constant upwards incline, didnt register as such on my garmin but it was. Did 3.38 which was a pb but dies on the last few miles again and was way outside the time I wanted.

Will be making changes to my training not sure I do enough faster running especially think my long runs might be too slow, going to incorporate some P&D runs into my next schedule.

Did you follow the 3.30 pacer? he seemed to go off way too fast, I was on 3.25 pace at halfway and he was still ahead of me.

Never saw him! I'm no expert but surely better to start off slightly slower to conserve energy. I started off slightly too slow but felt great till the last couple of miles, was passing tonnes of others.

Knee no worse today than it was a couple of days ago just a little sore, but.....

Think I ran about 7k yesterday and not 5k. Thought it was strange that I was sure I went past my 6k run point and the watch kept going (didn't have my phone for mapping). Also ran it in 35.30 minutes and my slowest 6k was 31 minutes back in August and while I took in easy yesterday even I was surprised how slow the supposed 5k was.

Anyway. Going to check tomorrow how far it was and if it was 7k then I guess I might as well start back at the 7k mark for a few runs and then 8k for about 3 and then 9k in November, knee permitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back