Running Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone had any experience with running with a bag/rucksack and can give any advice on a good one? I want to start running home from work and it's about 5.5 miles. Distance is not a problem but wanted to know how much more difficuly it is with a bag of clothes.

6 x 800 last night on me todd... club were doing 9 x 800 and I thought balls to that

might try another run thursday

Anyone had any experience with running with a bag/rucksack and can give any advice on a good one? I want to start running home from work and it's about 5.5 miles. Distance is not a problem but wanted to know how much more difficuly it is with a bag of clothes.
need to be very careful if carrying much as it will impact your runnin gait and lead to injury , 2 x 5/5mile a day will be some mileage , there are loads of ultra runner type bags out there (omm / inov8 etc)

i use a salomon slab 12 for racing. What are you carrying?

My mate has this for sale

I have a Berghaus Remote 12 litre pack for sale if anyone is interested? I won it at Kielder this weekend but already have a Salomon pack so it won't get used. Looking for £25.

We use bags on our long runs which are all trails and fells etc. No bother at all with a bag. Some are really expensive mind but if you are only doing 5 or 6 miles then anything will do. Just put your clothes in a bin liner first in case it rains loads

I used a cheap kappa rucksack for 2 years when I worked away! I do have a berghaus with a mesh stand off back. It does make yr back sweat a lot

We use bags on our long runs which are all trails and fells etc. No bother at all with a bag. Some are really expensive mind but if you are only doing 5 or 6 miles then anything will do. Just put your clothes in a bin liner first in case it rains loads
I used a cheap kappa rucksack for 2 years when I worked away! I do have a berghaus with a mesh stand off back. It does make yr back sweat a lot
i use a salomon slab 12 for racing. What are you carrying?

My mate has this for sale

I have a Berghaus Remote 12 litre pack for sale if anyone is interested? I won it at Kielder this weekend but already have a Salomon pack so it won't get used. Looking for £25.
6 x 800 last night on me todd... club were doing 9 x 800 and I thought balls to that

might try another run thursday

need to be very careful if carrying much as it will impact your runnin gait and lead to injury , 2 x 5/5mile a day will be some mileage , there are loads of ultra runner type bags out there (omm / inov8 etc)

Thanks a lot chaps, spot on advice there.

Reactions: Esh
calf feels sore again, anybody had a calf strain before? talk to older runners and get usual "its just cramp/tightness etc, run through it" but i'm concerned summit small going to turn into a 6 week layoff so unsure whether to bite bullet and take a week out completely then an easy week returning

You started with 'My mate has this for sale'

There was then a visible gap in the post to indicate that's where an image should've been, I wasn't too lazy to search myself but when someone says 'this' it's a bit too hard to Google.

Your sales technique needs work you pompous arse.
Clearly a copy and paste. Gan fuck yisel

calf feels sore again, anybody had a calf strain before? talk to older runners and get usual "its just cramp/tightness etc, run through it" but i'm concerned summit small going to turn into a 6 week layoff so unsure whether to bite bullet and take a week out completely then an easy week returning
Go and see sr acupuncture and tui na. Sorted my calf out on 20 minutes

Stretches, rollers, calf raises and a week off is what I would do. A week of not running isn't going to hurt anything

don't suppose anyone has run the Round Rotherham 50? Doing it Saturday which atleast is reason to miss the match.
It'll be my flattest ultra by far though from reading race reports that brings issues over no walking breaks up hills etc.
Anyone ran this one or another flattish race and have any advice?

don't suppose anyone has run the Round Rotherham 50? Doing it Saturday which atleast is reason to miss the match.
It'll be my flattest ultra by far though from reading race reports that brings issues over no walking breaks up hills etc.
Anyone ran this one or another flattish race and have any advice?
I know a good few that have done it - not the greatest route and not the easiest nav unless you have recce'd it. Very runnable but certainly not flat - winning time probably sub 7 hrs and can attract a decent level of runner. (if it were 'flat' it would be best part of an our quicker probably) I think its on decent trails in the most - pretty hard packed stuff.

I know a good few that have done it - not the greatest route and not the easiest nav unless you have recce'd it. Very runnable but certainly not flat - winning time probably sub 7 hrs and can attract a decent level of runner. (if it were 'flat' it would be best part of an our quicker probably) I think its on decent trails in the most - pretty hard packed stuff.

Compared with Hardmoors 55 or the Lyke Wake Race it's flat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back