Running Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have had a pain in my knees for years but it hasn't stopped me running over the last few months. Anyway, always run with a knee support and tried a new version the other day. The knee was fine running and to be honest didn't start feeling sore until a good 24 hrs after the run. So guess the new support didn't work very well.

Going back to my old knee support tomorrow and going to take it nice and easy. Is there anything else i should do if the pain doesn't go away? Other than stop running which Is the last thing i want.
Be careful. I've had patella tendonitis for a couple of years and its not good. I would check with your doc to see what it is.

Be careful. I've had patella tendonitis for a couple of years and its not good. I would check with your doc to see what it is.
Guess I'll have to. Makes little sense as being running since April and have done plenty of miles with no issues and then one run with the crap knee support and I'm in pain. It's not as bad today but not going to run for a week and then see how it feels.

Reactions: Esh
Guess I'll have to. Makes little sense as being running since April and have done plenty of miles with no issues and then one run with the crap knee support and I'm in pain. It's not as bad today but not going to run for a week and then see how it feels.
Go and see sr acupuncture and tui na

How long have you had your running shoes for? Sometimes a change of shoes can eradicate some injuries

How long have you had your running shoes for? Sometimes a change of shoes can eradicate some injuries
About 130k and same make before that. Had to be the knee support as that's the only thing i did different. Been putting ice on it and it's helped and now just a slight ache so hopefully will be okay later in the week.

How fast do you do a 10km in? I doubt you'll be one of the last.[/QUOTE]

Normally do 48m for a 10k. Went round in 46.20 today. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Cant believe how many runners there was and the support was great.

Some of the fast runners are just machines

I was there today fletch, it’s hard work xc, proper drained the legs
I did it also mate , first race for a year and not many miles in my legs . Felt fine Sunday morning But later that day left calf became really sore (like bad cramp), seeing someone tonight and hoping it’s just couple rest days and roller lots

I did it also mate , first race for a year and not many miles in my legs . Felt fine Sunday morning But later that day left calf became really sore (like bad cramp), seeing someone tonight and hoping it’s just couple rest days and roller lots
Sr acupuncture and tui na...

seen suprKev last night dan, he thinks slight calf stain , prob from running in Spikes xc when I hadn't been back in training long, maybes a week rest
I can't believe the amount of people who have issues with their calf. Go and see sr acupuncture

Gonna try do a run every day in October and see how I get on.

Done 3 miles on Sunday, 9 on Monday, 6 yesterday and back to 3 tonight.

Anyone had any experience doing things like this? Usually I do maximum 3/4 times a week.

Gonna try do a run every day in October and see how I get on.

Done 3 miles on Sunday, 9 on Monday, 6 yesterday and back to 3 tonight.

Anyone had any experience doing things like this? Usually I do maximum 3/4 times a week.
I've always included a rest day in my week, Think the most i have gone in the past without a day off might have been 10 days. I assume you will burn out at some point in the month.

I've always included a rest day in my week, Think the most i have gone in the past without a day off might have been 10 days. I assume you will burn out at some point in the month.

I think if I begin to flag after a while i'll reduce my short runs to 1/2 miles. I know the importance of rest etc this is just a bit of an experiment to keep my motivation up after GNR training.

seen suprKev last night dan, he thinks slight calf stain , prob from running in Spikes xc when I hadn't been back in training long, maybes a week rest
Used to always get tight calves after spikes and xc, as you say just need to get used to them.
Anyone recommend any decent half maras abroad in spring, pref warmer than UK!

Used to always get tight calves after spikes and xc, as you say just need to get used to them.
Anyone recommend any decent half maras abroad in spring, pref warmer than UK!
had few days rest and easing off now, gonna try run Saturday, was in a panic at first as thought was fucked again, a week off I can take, couldn't have done XC this sunday anyway as out or for a 50th sat, social event come before races

for half marathon , does it need to be spring ? I know couple harriers did Amsterdam half last year (or ear before), can imagine the Berlin one being a great experience , for me if I was doing that the race would have to fall so could have a good night out afterwards

for half marathon , does it need to be spring ? I know couple harriers did Amsterdam half last year (or ear before), can imagine the Berlin one being a great experience , for me if I was doing that the race would have to fall so could have a good night out afterwards
Yeah just looking for a sunny break in early part of year and try and fit a run in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back