Running Thread 2017

Cracking stuff. I ran the sedgefield serpentine 10k trail this morning. Great race for a couple of quid. Quite muddy and I only had light trails on so nearly went on my arse a few times.

It was decent practice as I signed up for the harrier league since I need something to do on a saturday now that I binned my season ticket.
XC or the match ? Tough call, I hate them both :D

Jogging but done nowt for nearly 2 weeks thro a cold. Docs reckon they wont take my problem any further, i think they think its not worth it. Still same problem, mainly adductor. Trying a bit more physio n see what happens, 6 month now, sick.
go and see sr acupuncture and tui na. Also do pilates.

Has anyone tried that totum sport gear? Got given a few samples last week and I've been using them daily, it's class. Feel fitter, no fatigue and the usual aches and pains the next day from a run are gone.

Jogging but done nowt for nearly 2 weeks thro a cold. Docs reckon they wont take my problem any further, i think they think its not worth it. Still same problem, mainly adductor. Trying a bit more physio n see what happens, 6 month now, sick.
hope you get it sorted soon mate, very frustrating when dragging on

Don't fancy pins in my groin! ha, Does he do other stuff ? Funny you should mention pilates but just downloaded some yoga stretches for the groin and stomach, gonna start some of them.
He doesn't just do acupuncture. He's awesome like. Puts your body back in position. Look at exercises for the psoas

Anyone doing Haltwhistle half this weekend?
Did it the first year it ran, really enjoyed it. Nice route, slight climb on way out but downhill second half. Though you had to walk for a stretch through somebody's garden! Think that was due to a diversion off the old railway line. Expect it's been sorted now.

Best of luck

Did it the first year it ran, really enjoyed it. Nice route, slight climb on way out but downhill second half. Though you had to walk for a stretch through somebody's garden! Think that was due to a diversion off the old railway line. Expect it's been sorted now.

Best of luck

Cheers pal.

Decided that next year I will be looking to do my first half marathon, whether it be GNR, Sunderland Half Marathon etc.

Anyway, I am pretty useless so like to follow a plan. The only stuff I can find is couch to Half Marathon which has about 6 weeks of walking at the front end of it. I can already run a few miles, and did a slow 10k in an hour last year, but wanted to find something where the starting point is running 2 or 3 miles already.

Am I reading too much into it and just need to stick a mile on every couple of weeks?

Decided that next year I will be looking to do my first half marathon, whether it be GNR, Sunderland Half Marathon etc.

Anyway, I am pretty useless so like to follow a plan. The only stuff I can find is couch to Half Marathon which has about 6 weeks of walking at the front end of it. I can already run a few miles, and did a slow 10k in an hour last year, but wanted to find something where the starting point is running 2 or 3 miles already.

Am I reading too much into it and just need to stick a mile on every couple of weeks?

Sounds pretty much spot on tbh. Depending on your goal though (finishing or aiming for a time) you should look to include different types of training runs in like tempo, intervals and hills. If your aim is to finish though and you can run steady for 8-10 mile then you'll be fine.

Last edited:

Back