1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running Thread 2017

Discussion in 'Diet and Exercise' started by Fletch, Dec 31, 2016.

1. D.A

D.A Striker

My account is private. I chose who i want to follow me

2. I use one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Runing-SGO...74987&sr=8-1&keywords=chest+light+for+running & I've got a cap with LED's on the end of the peak as a backup.

3. mackemtillidie

mackemtillidie Subs Bench

I have all my privacy settings turned off, Personal preference really.

4. CornedBeefIsland

CornedBeefIsland Midfield

Anyone run for Washington?? I noticed they have a beginners session starting next week. What type of stuff would they be doing ???

5. Modfather

Modfather Goalkeeper

I run around Washington but not for them :rolleyes:

6. Chappers

Chappers Striker

Started on 8k and first two runs I struggled to get the pace right. First one I went off way too quick and was done in and managed 41.05. Second one I tried to pace it better and did 41.09 but felt okay at the end.

Latest one was 39.05 and while I pushed it I felt okay. Getting closer to the magical 10k

7. CornedBeefIsland

CornedBeefIsland Midfield

Nice cool park run for a change. Still not PB weather though!!

8. Interesting reading the comments on the bottom of the review here. Seems like loads of people suffering the same issues and injuries as me. Had a hamstring/knee injury for a couple of months but now sidelined the Kayanos and only using the Adidas Boost and it seems to be clearing up. Looks like the newer version is a big departure from the rest.
    Worth bearing in mind for people who just upgrade the same model all of the time.
    http://www.runningshoesguru.com/2016/07/asics-gel-kayano-23-review/

9. squidly diddly

squidly diddly Goalkeeper

I've just done my first ever park run, I've been doing plenty at the gym and I'm fit, but I really enjoyed the run around Chester le street park. Managed to do it in 32 mins which I'm chuffed with as a starting point!
    In the next month I hope to get into the 20s and I also finished 12th out of my age range (25-29).

10. Charlestonian

Charlestonian Midfield

Well done mate, my first one 10 weeks ago was about 34 minutes, hovering around 28mins for 5k now.

CornedBeefIsland likes this.
  11. squidly diddly

Cheers and That's class like, I thought it has a good atmosphere and really enjoyed the whole experience, think
    I may try the silksworth one next week !

12. Charlestonian

Charlestonian Midfield

I'll be there next week mate, last one before my holidays. I've only done the silksworth one so far but the atmosphere there I'd spot on as well, bit more up and down but it's a decent test.

I'll be in a Holland shirt mate, say hello if you're there!

13. squidly diddly

Aye, I think I'll be there I'll give you a shout if I see you !

Charlestonian likes this.
  14. The Great MES

The Great MES Winger

They're decent times all the same though mate

Chappers likes this.
  15. Chappers

Chappers Striker

38 mins 29 seconds for 8k. This is crackers running like this at my age. Never felt as good. Lost a stone in weight since I started to run again.

Still feel I've more in the tank and don't think i was running this good when I was a kid.

Loving it.

MagicRat, bu-bu-buchanon, D.A and 5 others like this.
  16. I've been a die hard Asics user for years but I've been really disappointed with the last couple of pairs. Used to get 500+ miles out of them but now they seem to be knackered & causing niggles by 350 miles. I'm still training in the current pair & have another par still in the box, as I tend to buy them 2 pair at a time so I can start rotating them about half way through their life, but for races I've switched to Adidas Boost STs after a recommendation & find them much better.

RestlessNatives likes this.
  17. D.A

D.A Striker

After a crap year of running and putting weight on, been training well the last few weeks. Enjoying it and feels like I'm getting my speed back. Give me 5 years and I'll be beating rat

Fletch and Daydream Believer like this.
  18. D.A

D.A Striker

Hill session tonight, really enjoying running at the minute. Makes it easier to get out of the door.

19. archiesdad

archiesdad Midfield

'Return of the Dan'

D.A likes this.
  20. Fletch

Fletch Striker

Any good sports massage sunderland area ? Apart from SuperKev who is always first port of call