Running Thread 2017

Good morning today managed to scrape 3 mins off my park run time, from last week, ran it in 29 mins ( Chester le street) this was also with being hungover from my work night out last night
The Sunderland one recorded everyone as 59:59. Made no odds to me but you'd be gutted if you got a PB.:lol:
First run out since GNR. Ran there and back but my legs gave up on the way back.

After much procrastination have finally signed up for the Wooler Marathon, will have 6 weeks after York to prepeare and do some hill stuff. Any shoe recommendations for general trail running round the north east trails, guessing going to be running a lot along the lines mainly around Durham as well as the Wooler race. Currently have some Hoka road shoes which know some people use but guessing need something more to cope with any mud and wet as we move into autumn.

After much procrastination have finally signed up for the Wooler Marathon, will have 6 weeks after York to prepeare and do some hill stuff. Any shoe recommendations for general trail running round the north east trails, guessing going to be running a lot along the lines mainly around Durham as well as the Wooler race. Currently have some Hoka road shoes which know some people use but guessing need something more to cope with any mud and wet as we move into autumn.

Daft question but do trail shoes need to be as cushioned as road shoes?

15 mile run in 2:00:46 today. Quite tough with the wind but averaged 8:03 pace which is pretty much what pace I want for a marathon next month (worst case scenario). In total I've ran 43 miles this week, the highest mileage week I've managed this year due to injuries and other stuff going on. Onwards and upwards!

Managed to win the South Park 10 mile race in Darlington this morning, third tough race in as many weeks. Easy few days now then I'm off to Florida for a fortnight. Gonna have a week off, but packing my trainers for the second week :cool:

Cracking stuff. I ran the sedgefield serpentine 10k trail this morning. Great race for a couple of quid. Quite muddy and I only had light trails on so nearly went on my arse a few times.

It was decent practice as I signed up for the harrier league since I need something to do on a saturday now that I binned my season ticket.

Back