Running Thread 2017

It's easy man. The GNR usually falls either the day after a home game so most years I do it with a bad head. I did a 1:45 after 13 pints the day before one year.
Apart from the odd special occasion, I've barely drunk for about three months and I'll still struggle to get round. No way could I run after a session. Think I once ran a 5k on the morning of a lads weekend away in the Lakes but I was probably still pissed.

Apart from the odd special occasion, I've barely drunk for about three months and I'll still struggle to get round. No way could I run after a session. Think I once ran a 5k on the morning of a lads weekend away in the Lakes but I was probably still pissed.
I had broke my toe a couple of months before, only had a weeks worth of training before the run so in my head kind of sacked it off.

And it was a steady drinking day, met couple of mates linchtime before the game, had 4 pints over 3 hours, pint at half time, few more slow ones with the lads after the game then met our lass and some other people who were doing the run for the annual pre race meal. I knew I'd had a drink but was not exactly streaming. On the day I felt better than I should have until the John Reid Road, then I hit a wall and could have been sick.

I had broke my toe a couple of months before, only had a weeks worth of training before the run so in my head kind of sacked it off.

And it was a steady drinking day, met couple of mates linchtime before the game, had 4 pints over 3 hours, pint at half time, few more slow ones with the lads after the game then met our lass and some other people who were doing the run for the annual pre race meal. I knew I'd had a drink but was not exactly streaming. On the day I felt better than I should have until the John Reid Road, then I hit a wall and could have been sick.
I'm looking forward to my beers afterwards but I'm not going near it before.

I like one on the run, there is usually a table outside the pub on the John Reid road hand out quarter pints. If you know you are not going to make your target time it's always nice to grab one on the way past.
That reminds me of the Sunderland 10k a few years back, before I'd started running. A few lads from the office were doing the run and I told them I would be outside the Harbour View to cheer them on. As they all past at different times, they acknowledged me and seemed to appreciate that I'd turned out. The older bloke in the group seemed really confused when I was cheering him on and almost stopped. When I spoke to him on the Monday, he'd genuinely thought I'd be stood there with a pint of Stella for him. He was gutted.:lol:

Early morning runs in the main on some unlit roads, paths also will need something for Dark Skies and any other ultras I end up doing next year.
I have the Alpkit Gamma light, perfectly fine for me, I only use it an hour at a time so maybe on longer marathon runs a more comfortable light may be beneficial but more expensive. Have a look on the ultrarunner site if need be.

The gamma will be perfect. If you have a soldering iron you can try mine out, just need to fix the battery pack as i broke it.
Thanks for the offer much appreciated, I'm a man with no tools at all and dont have a DIY bone in my body, but have now ordered one anyway think is cheapish enough to try especially for my main 60-90 minute runs it will be for.

Thanks for the offer much appreciated, I'm a man with no tools at all and dont have a DIY bone in my body, but have now ordered one anyway think is cheapish enough to try especially for my main 60-90 minute runs it will be for.
Be absolute fine. Does it take rechargeable batteries? May be worth getting.

Anybody use strava ? Wife set it up (no, trust me ), but in the settings all the privacy options are turned on , how have others got there settings ? She thinks it's set up wrong

Back