Running Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can I add to the above post that I am 47, still circa 20 stone and 6 foot 5 with a never to be repaired ankle.

Has anyone done any of the winter runs that the North East Marathon Club has organised up in Newcastle? Doing it next weekend for my longest run as dress rehearsal for my marathon. Can do as many or few laps as like up to an ultra as long as in the timescale.

Just added another 7.5 miles on Castle Eden walkway (although I don't think we were on that, I think we were on a different route)

Good work that, especially with a goosed ankle.
ta.
I wear a support and I have to add I am not fast.
Hoever as the weight comes off I expect the speed to go up and more comfortable at distances.

ta.
I wear a support and I have to add I am not fast.
Hoever as the weight comes off I expect the speed to go up and more comfortable at distances.

Cant enjoy the views/scenes if you too run fast (that's my excuse anyway).

I think given the fact you're erm not vertically challenged you wont ever be a feather weight, so id imagine you'd always need some sort of support for your ankle tbf.

Cant enjoy the views/scenes if you too run fast (that's my excuse anyway).

I think given the fact you're erm not vertically challenged you wont ever be a feather weight, so id imagine you'd always need some sort of support for your ankle tbf.

Would like to be around 16 clem ideally but our lass says no lower

Has anyone done any of the winter runs that the North East Marathon Club has organised up in Newcastle? Doing it next weekend for my longest run as dress rehearsal for my marathon. Can do as many or few laps as like up to an ultra as long as in the timescale.
couple of years back I attempted their marathon around the racecourse inner track/path which I ultimately failed and DNF'd.
I ran something like 10 of 18 laps before calling it a day. I just couldn't handle it!

couple of years back I attempted their marathon around the racecourse inner track/path which I ultimately failed and DNF'd.
I ran something like 10 of 18 laps before calling it a day. I just couldn't handle it!
I done locke park 20 last year. 20 x 1 mile laps. Wasn't too bad.

I've almost conpleted the BBC couch to 5k course. I'm getting towards the end of that and would like to push on to potentially run a half marathon in the next year or so. Has anyone been at this stage before? If so any tips on progressing beyond 5k would be much appreciated

I've almost conpleted the BBC couch to 5k course. I'm getting towards the end of that and would like to push on to potentially run a half marathon in the next year or so. Has anyone been at this stage before? If so any tips on progressing beyond 5k would be much appreciated
How long does it take to work up to 5k

General rule of thumb is to get 6 months running under your belt before tackling a HM but loads don't & still manage to get round. I'd recommend doing a 10K first though. Have a look on http://www.northeastraces.co.uk loads of options on there & then google a 10k training plan & read a few & devide on one that will fit your available time.

How long does it take to work up to 5k

Most couch to 5k plans are 12 or 13 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back