Ricky Gervais joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's make loads of jokes about eating meat, hunting foxes and everything else the twat moans about. He should take the stand about defending his act if he hates and is so outspoken about what others do.

Let's make loads of jokes about eating meat, hunting foxes and everything else the twat moans about. He should take the stand about defending his act if he hates and is so outspoken about what others do.

He'd be fine with that. He'd say something like "Joke about it all you want. Just don't actually carry out any animal cruelty. Jokes don't kill. Actions do."

Did they?

Aye, it shows that even the least offensive comics can offend the easily offended.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...ccused-of-homophobia-on-strictly-come-dancing

Jerry Sadowitz
Full on abuse but still funny.
He also sussed out Saville years ago but no one seemed to take notice of his warnings.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but do you agree with the people in the article running to the press full of faux outrage?

Did you not like Extras? Far better than Derek imo. Derek was ruined by that pointless drunk bloke IMO.

That black bloke from Derek was his support last night, wasn't a bad warm up act IMO.

I tried to point out in my original post that he's entitled to joke about it if he wants, and people have no right to complain about being offended. People are ok to talk to about being offended though, just not complain about it.

Agree about Derek, totally didn't see what the drunk homeless bloke added to the show.

Doc Brown - saw him years ago at V Festival as a rapping-stand-up comedian. Really liked him then, and I've seen him on a few TV shows since and he's looked canny. Good laugh last night.

Doc Brown - saw him years ago at V Festival as a rapping-stand-up comedian. Really liked him then, and I've seen him on a few TV shows since and he's looked canny. Good laugh last night.

He's been in one or two things with Ricky Gervais - Derek plus the David Brent film. Obviously, he can never be forgiven for playing a waiter in a 2009 episode of Miranda.

Reactions: PTR
He's been in one or two things with Ricky Gervais - Derek plus the David Brent film. Obviously, he can never be forgiven for playing a waiter in a 2009 episode of Miranda.

He was in some shite the wife watched, he was a copper. At least I think it was him...

Can't believe people are offended by stuff like this. Surely it's not hard to separate your own real life feelings with a daft pisstake story clearly not targeted towards you and your loved ones? Literally no joke based around death or suffering should be allowed ever again if this is the case.
Like most nobs these days they probably saw their opportunity for their five minutes of fame. Sorry and all that.

Anyone there last night?

I thought he was brilliant. Much better than I was expecting.

I have to say that the dead baby bit was the funniest section for me. All he was saying is that he's not really cut out for parenthood.

There were many other subjects he covered which people could pretend to take offence at such as rape, children with cancer and the Holocaust.

It's just a f***ing joke, people. He's not really like that!
Was there. He sailed close to the wind at times but I find that stuff funny to a point. I wouldn't go round saying it myself mind but it was a comedy show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back