Ricky Gervais joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

What was the joke?

No idea if its accurate but this was one of the comments on the article:

"Ricky is talking about why he and his girlfriend never wnated to have a baby, part of it has to do with how fragile babies are. Ricky pretends he is holding his non-existing-never-born-pretend-child, dearly while he lolabies it to sleep and, to show how fragil babies are, when he puts the baby to the crib he goes "Look... He's dead. I just layed him on the crib and he's dead.". Then he talks about how he should go about telling it to his girlfriend.

The joke is not about a dead baby, the joke his about how fragil babies are and how inapt Ricky and his girlfriend feel to take on that kind of responsibility, in order to illustrat that, Ricky pretends his NEVER-BORN-baby dies."

No idea if its accurate but this was one of the comments on the article:

"Ricky is talking about why he and his girlfriend never wnated to have a baby, part of it has to do with how fragile babies are. Ricky pretends he is holding his non-existing-never-born-pretend-child, dearly while he lolabies it to sleep and, to show how fragil babies are, when he puts the baby to the crib he goes "Look... He's dead. I just layed him on the crib and he's dead.". Then he talks about how he should go about telling it to his girlfriend.

The joke is not about a dead baby, the joke his about how fragil babies are and how inapt Ricky and his girlfriend feel to take on that kind of responsibility, in order to illustrat that, Ricky pretends his NEVER-BORN-baby dies."

I'm not sure it's his finest work but I don't think, contextually, that it's massively offensive (if at all offensive).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back