Ricky Gervais joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

@rickygervais
Warning: My stand up mentions AIDS, cancer, Paedophilia, famine, race, terrorism, rape, murder, drugs, death and even food allergies.

It doesn't say if it includes any comedy.
He was on the radio the other week saying that someone on twitter had said he shouldn't make jokes about food allergies. He asked why she was offended when he'd made jokes about the holocaust. Her reply was that the difference is allergies kill children.

He was on the radio the other week saying that someone on twitter had said he shouldn't make jokes about food allergies. He asked why she was offended when he'd made jokes about the holocaust. Her reply was that the difference is allergies kill children.

Thank god someone is thinking of the children mate.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can't stand gervais as a person and a standup, but there's nothing shit about the office and extras

That stat must include third world for it to be that high. Agree, he's not funny as a comedian

I think it needs clarifying, but either way, it's not exactly a happy hunting ground for comedy

Unless that was the first joke of the gig, then the couple can't really take the moral high ground. Gervais' style of humour means that you're going to be laughing at someone. If they've seen Gervais before then they'll know that no subject is off limits for him so it's hypocritical to take offence when their circumstances become part of the joke.

However in this instance it does seem like he was taking this piss out of himself for being useless. You could quite easily replace baby with puppy, kitten, fish, plant, 6th century manuscript. Basically anything fragile that requires constant care and attention.

Anyone there last night?

I thought he was brilliant. Much better than I was expecting.

I have to say that the dead baby bit was the funniest section for me. All he was saying is that he's not really cut out for parenthood.

There were many other subjects he covered which people could pretend to take offence at such as rape, children with cancer and the Holocaust.

It's just a f***ing joke, people. He's not really like that!

Anyone there last night?

I have to say that the dead baby bit was the funniest section for me. All he was saying is that he's not really cut out for parenthood.

There were many other subjects he covered which people could pretend to take offence at such as rape, children with cancer and the Holocaust.

He's still a twat

Think his stand up is very funny but its pretty much all offensive to someone, hell that's half the damn joke. If they've laughed at his comedy before and found it funny enough that they bought tickets to see him but now its them that are offended they are suddenly walking out and running o the papers then they are being massive hypocrites, Take it on the chin, be as offended as you like but you laughed when the shoe was on the other foot.

Slightly off topic but anyone seen Freddie got fingerd? The scene where he delivers the baby. Loads of people walked out when I was at the pictures watching that

Anyone there last night?

Aye, I was there, thought it was funny as fuck. To the couple in the article, he was only joking, maybe he should apologise to transgender people, wig wearers, rape victims, nazis and people with food allergies before the show too.

There were no jokes about still born babies anyway and seeing as we had a still born child then I suppose I would have been prime candidate to be oh so offended if there was, but it was a comedy show anyway, so why would I be offended by a funny little fat man with a pug nose.

There are some things you don't joke about and that's one of them. I'm speaking as someone with personal experience.

I've never liked Gervais but couldn't explain why until now.

If you saw the show, you'd realise that one of the main messages of the show is that a joke is just a joke and can be funny whether or not the subject matter is funny. He must have mentioned that about 10000 times. Does anyone think Ricky Gervais really thinks cot death is funny?

There were no stillborn jokes by the way as far as I can remember.

Last edited:
Anyone there last night?

I was there on Monday night. He was brilliant.

If you go and see someone do standup then you expect to hear offensive things so I don't understand why people get outraged.

I saw him on Monday - I did think it was funny at the time, but it did go through my head that anybody in the audience who'd recently suffered mightn't be enjoying it.

The reaction he got at the joke & the end would suggest the vast majority enjoyed their evening, and I suppose whether it's right or wrong you have to be aware that such issues could come up prior to the event.

Aye, I was there, thought it was funny as fuck. To the couple in the article, he was only joking, maybe he should apologise to transgender people, wig wearers, rape victims, nazis and people with food allergies before the show too.

There were no jokes about still born babies anyway and seeing as we had a still born child then I suppose I would have been prime candidate to be oh so offended if there was, but it was a comedy show anyway, so why would I be offended by a funny little fat man with a pug nose.

If you saw the show, you'd realise that one of the main messages of the show is that a joke is just a joke and can be funny whether or not the subject matter is funny. He must have mentioned that about 10000 times. Does anyone think Ricky Gervais really thinks cot death is funny?

There were no stillborn jokes by the way as far as I can remember.
Totally agree with everything you said there, mate, and sorry for your loss.

Probably 100% of the people there would have been affected by at least one of his topics in one way or another, and anyone must be thick or ignorant to ignore his explanation about subject matter for jokes. Like the bird who complained about the use of the word "cunt" when he was tweeting about the dog meat festival.

Ricky Gervais is a joke and not very funny one

Do you not like comedians mate?

I saw him on Monday - I did think it was funny at the time, but it did go through my head that anybody in the audience who'd recently suffered mightn't be enjoying it.

I just couldn't stop thinking about the poor transgender people in the audience, I was outraged if I'm honest. The bloke next to me looked like he wore a wig, again, it made my blood boil just worrying about the poor soul. RICKY GERVAIS - YOU ARE A DISGRACE!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back