Reclining your seat on a plane

Is it poor social ettiquette?

Sat here 5 mins into a 2.5 hour delay before we can takr off, stuck on the plane, gadgies knees in my back, and this jewish fella in front reclines his seat so its about an inch from my face so i asked him if he would unrecline it and his son starts giving me jip about the function of the chair so i told him to fuck off as theres no one else on the plane reclining now the mother is kicking off in hebrew . Am i wrong here like?
yep your 100% wrong , on a 10hr flight from/to USA plenty of people recline their seats for the entire journey apart from meal times. You get the odd nobhead sat behind who thinks its clever to knee and push the seat in front but thats soon rectified with a quiet word.

Some bunch of fannies on here. The function is there to be used. It goes back, what, about 3 inches? If you don't like it, make alternative travel arrangements.
on a long haul flight in premium ? it goes back nearer 12"

yep your 100% wrong , on a 10hr flight from/to USA plenty of people recline their seats for the entire journey apart from meal times. You get the odd nobhead sat behind who thinks its clever to knee and push the seat in front but thats soon rectified with a quiet word.

Don't fly then, if it's that much of an issue.

Yup, this is why you pay to turn left.

You probably wouldn't be turning left on a flight from the UK to Israel, more likely the first few rows are business class which are often not that much better in terms of legroom. He might even have been flying Luton to Tel Aviv with EasyJet.

Was BA to tel aviv. Done my fair share of easyjet from Luton and in the old days Monarch in the smoking section with me ma. A Real physiological marathon.

Sitting next to a hasidic jew doing the box on the forehead routine and ribbons round the wrist while chanting/praying was enough to make me wanna just walk next time

Last flight I took a few weeks back I had the misfortune to sit in-between two Spanish blokes. Instead of asking if I wanted to move to the aisle so they could sit next to each other the fat one at the window nicked the arm rest when I moved for a second so I was stuck with my arms just by my sides. They then talked over me throughout the flight which wasn't annoying at all ignorant bastards.

Fair enough but in hindsight surely manners would dictate that you at least turn around and ask them if its ok first. If they were in the middle of stiring a cuppa and you slammed your chair back it would gan all owa

Was BA to tel aviv. Done my fair share of easyjet from Luton and in the old days Monarch in the smoking section with me ma. A Real physiological marathon.

Sitting next to a hasidic jew doing the box on the forehead routine and ribbons round the wrist while chanting/praying was enough to make me wanna just walk next time
Yeah done the BA flight several times. Much more civilised process all round. From memory, and I’m going back a while now, doesn’t the EasyJet return flight go from another terminal so you have to fart about checking in at one then getting a bus to the other terminal? I seem to remember some big faff on.

Fair enough but in hindsight surely manners would dictate that you at least turn around and ask them if its ok first. If they were in the middle of stiring a cuppa and you slammed your chair back it would gan all owa
fair comment , i don't turn and ask mind but i recline it slowly.

Thing is in PE there is so much extra room that 12 inches of recline will make little difference to the person behind where as 3 inches in Y is the difference between being able to eat comfortably or not.

It's like saying I can recline to fully flat in J or F. It doesn't make a bit of difference to the person behind due to the way the seating is arranged.

Flew from Canada to New York earlier this year. I’m 6’7 so flying is a f***ing nightmare anyway.

Some Chinese lass tried reclining for about 20 minutes in front of me and couldn’t because my knees were in the back of the seat, so she moved to the next aisle over and reclined in front of this yank and he hit the roof :lol:

He then put his headphones on as I was telling him to repeat what he said (called me a fuckin arsehole)

I ended up reaching over and pausing his movie, told him to fuck off you prick and have my missus tell me to calm down.
This was about 30 minutes into a 5 hour flight.
I was raging for the rest of the flight.

Flew from Canada to New York earlier this year. I’m 6’7 so flying is a f***ing nightmare anyway.

Some Chinese lass tried reclining for about 20 minutes in front of me and couldn’t because my knees were in the back of the seat, so she moved to the next aisle over and reclined in front of this yank and he hit the roof :lol:

He then put his headphones on as I was telling him to repeat what he said (called me a fuckin arsehole)

I ended up reaching over and pausing his movie, told him to fuck off you prick and have my missus tell me to calm down.

Why didn’t you just ask/explain to her instead of resisting it for 20 minutes?

What was he having a go at you for? You exercised your god given right to knee the fuck outta any kernt who reclines his/her chair. Shame the yank wasn't clued up at you.

Was on a long haul flight and I wouldn't let this wifey put her chair all the way back cos I jammed my knees in there. It took her and the stewardess ages to work out why. They asked me to stop. I said no.

fair comment , i don't turn and ask mind but i recline it slowly.

Kernts recline.

If the cap fits.

What was he having a go at you for? You exercised your god given right to knee the fuck outta any kernt who reclines his/her chair. Shame the yank wasn't clued up at you.

Was on a long haul flight and I wouldn't let this wifey put her chair all the way back cos I jammed my knees in there. It took her and the stewardess ages to work out why. They asked me to stop. I said no.

Kernts recline.

If the cap fits.

I admit I don’t like people reclining and I very rarely do it. But you are coming across very entitled like. They are allowed to do it. At the end of the day if you want loads of space there are nicer seats at the front.

Cos she couldn’t speak a word of the queens. Her fella was translating (full monk robes) and was flat out on the two spare seats.
It wasn’t that I was resisting. My knees were jammed up against the seat.

It’s the top of the chair that moves back, it doesn’t really affect leg room. For the record I don’t like recliners and I don’t do it myself unless it’s a night flight. And even then not always.

Back