Reclining your seat on a plane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on one flight years ago in the second last row and this around 7 year old lad behind did the riverdance on my seat back for the first half hour. All the time screaming and whingeing at his mam and Dad. They just let him carry on doing it. For half a f***ing hour... It takes a lot for me to lose me rag but when I spun round to suggest to the fatha that he might consider keeping the boy in check or he'd learn first hand how plane toilets work and how long it takes to fall 30,000 feet he took one look at my face and moved the bairn onto his knee. Why did it take that for them to possibly think the little demonic bastard might be pissing people off? The general ignorance of other people staggers me at times like. :lol:

That’s a pretty silly thing to do mind mate. Making threats, even if done lighthearted, can have bad consequences.

A few years ago, coming home from the states, I witnessed something very similar and the bloke was reported to the cabin crew. As we touched down in Heathrow, the police were waiting for the fella.

FWIW, I agree that some people are ignorant (from experience it tends to be those that don’t travel regularly) and it’s bloody annoying, but be careful what you say to them as they tend to run to the authorities pretty quickly

Maniac, how? By that theory, it's the aircraft manufacturers are the maniacs for putting the function there in the first place.

It's been done to me a few times over the years & while I wasn't particularly happy about it, I just got on with the rest of the flight, landed safely & enjoyed the rest of my trip.

Grow up!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maniac

Dilemma : do you have a word with the culprit recliner yourself and risk confrontation... or do you act like a wuss and ask cabin crew to have a word?

Zero confrontation with choice 2 but you have to live the rest of your life with the knowledge that you asked a lass to help you out.

Hmmmmm....

Dilemma : do you have a word with the culprit recliner yourself and risk confrontation... or do you act like a wuss and ask cabin crew to have a word?

Zero confrontation with choice 2 but you have to live the rest of your life with the knowledge that you asked a lass to help you out.

Hmmmmm....

I'd imagine the people who get the cabin crew to fight their battles for them are the type of people who report posts on here.

That’s a pretty silly thing to do mind mate. Making threats, even if done lighthearted, can have bad consequences.

A few years ago, coming home from the states, I witnessed something very similar and the bloke was reported to the cabin crew. As we touched down in Heathrow, the police were waiting for the fella.

FWIW, I agree that some people are ignorant (from experience it tends to be those that don’t travel regularly) and it’s bloody annoying, but be careful what you say to them as they tend to run to the authorities pretty quickly
I didn't threaten anybody, I didn't have to. :lol:

Should all think yersels lucky - on a KLM flight from Amsterdam to Cape Town last year we had two Boxer Dogs behind us - both farted throughout the duration of the flight and stunk the fuckin plane out!

Should all think yersels lucky - on a KLM flight from Amsterdam to Cape Town last year we had two Boxer Dogs behind us - both farted throughout the duration of the flight and stunk the fuckin plane out!
:lol:

When I was at school my mate had a boxer who would shake slobber all over me in the back of his dads car and let off the most rancid farts. I would be gagging by the time we got back to their house.

Hmmmmm....

Nowt like a bit of sexist stereotyping mind ;)

Say more.

Nothing else to say really.I have heard about them, think they're widely available in USA not sure about the UK but guess you could order one online and get it delivered. Would stop the person in from reclining their seat.

I've never seen one personally only read about it.

Nothing else to say really.I have heard about them, think they're widely available in USA not sure about the UK but guess you could order one online and get it delivered. Would stop the person in from reclining their seat.

I've never seen one personally only read about it.
Just looked them up, seems to have been a hot topic in 2014 but not much current wonder if they are still allowed?

Just looked them up, seems to have been a hot topic in 2014 but not much current wonder if they are still allowed?

Really not sure..if you were gonna buy one then possibly could check the airline's list of banned items. Normally its just weapons, hazardous matrrials etc and the usual stuff like liquids over 100ml.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back