Reclining your seat on a plane

Status
Not open for further replies.
You f***ing what mate? Entitled? f***ing considerate more like. You say if I want more space to pay more? Errr I've never reclined a seat in my life. But I'll stop any fucker trying to recline on me. So tell that line to someone who thinks reclining 3 inches is worth it.

You sound like your one of the knobs that I've stopped being a kernt.

Air rage incident waiting to happen here :lol::lol:

I don’t recline my seat but people are perfectly entitled to do it. You will have a more pleasant existence when you grasp that not everyone shares your outlook on everything.

It barely makes it any more comfy. You are still sat in a chair.

I can hear them talking about me in hebrew now, can't properly follow it but there's eye rolls and heads pointing backwards and a bit if an argument. The son is sitting in the aisle opposite. Fagan is getting it in the neck off mother jew for taking shit. I suspect this isnt over
Shame your mam isn't there. :lol:

Acceptable on flights over 4 hours. Unacceptable on flights under 4 hours. That’s the rule.
Bollocks. It's never acceptable, especially arseholes who inhale their shite meal and then recline while you're still hunting stunted carrots that have hid under the polystyrene chicken.

Out of interest how does the op know he’s Jewish? A religious Jew would not be flying on a Friday afternoon/evening (unless of course the op is in a very different time zone).
The destination airport and them talking Hebrew would be the biggest giveaways I reckon.

I hate it when people do it in front of me. I've never reclined my seat on a flight out of courtesy for those behind me.
I hate it when people do things. Boils my piss.

Last edited:
I don’t like them either mate, but you are seeking special treatment in stopping them doing what they are entitled to do. The options are to (a) ask them nicely to stop it (b) suck it up and grumble or (c) pay to sit in the front.

And what you seat recliners don't realise. It's my god given right to stop any one from invading my space. That's my entitlement.

Funny how no one has ever stopped me from putting my knees on the back of someone's seat.

Air rage incident waiting to happen here :lol::lol:

I don’t recline my seat but people are perfectly entitled to do it. You will have a more pleasant existence when you grasp that not everyone shares your outlook on everything.

My outlook you mean manners? Yeah?

People are entitled to recline their seats. Just as am entitled to jam both my knees thus my whole body in making anyone doing so life's uncomfortable.

Flying is shit. Why dress it up as something it's not?

Last edited:
How many places could you get on a plane if you could put bunks throughout the plane rather than seats? Long haul especially? You would get at least 3 up the walls, 4 high in the middles and still have paths between every other columns

next you'll be suggesting that we remove car seats and stick beds in in case you're travelling long haul. ;) I can't think of owt worse than boarding a plane then climbing into bed surrounded by a couple hundred other random folk also climbing into bed. Not much use for your inflight meal or drinks or whatever either if you're placed on the top bunk of four. If I was in first class or premium class or whatever's it called where you get a private "room" then aye but turning a passenger plane into a hostel isn't for me.

good idea in theory but no thanks. Give me a seat, some high quality entertainment and a trolley service please. :p

I don’t like them either mate, but you are seeking special treatment in stopping them doing what they are entitled to do. The options are to (a) ask them nicely to stop it (b) suck it up and grumble or (c) pay to sit in the front.

(D) knee the fuck outta the person and they sharpish recline back to the upright position.

next you'll be suggesting that we remove car seats and stick beds in in case you're travelling long haul. ;) I can't think of owt worse than boarding a plane then climbing into bed surrounded by a couple hundred other random folk also climbing into bed. Not much use for your inflight meal or drinks or whatever either if you're placed on the top bunk of four. If I was in first class or premium class or whatever's it called where you get a private "room" then aye but turning a passenger plane into a hostel isn't for me.

good idea in theory but no thanks. Give me a seat, some high quality entertainment and a trolley service please. :p
I don’t eat when I’m asleep. A couple of sandwiches popped in through the curtains at the 1/2 way point with some drinks and straws. Zzzzzzzzxx and an extra days holiday

I don’t eat when I’m asleep. A couple of sandwiches popped in through the curtains at the 1/2 way point with some drinks and straws. Zzzzzzzzxx and an extra days holiday

you're not going to want to sleep for the entire duration though surely? I've only ever done one long haul that I can properly remember. On-flight entertainment was top drawer, complimentary drinks throughout, was class. Sod the bunk beds. :cool:

Spoken like a genuine f***ing maniac

Maniac, how? By that theory, it's the aircraft manufacturers are the maniacs for putting the function there in the first place.

It's been done to me a few times over the years & while I wasn't particularly happy about it, I just got on with the rest of the flight, landed safely & enjoyed the rest of my trip.

Grow up!

Maniac, how? By that theory, it's the aircraft manufacturers are the maniacs for putting the function there in the first place.

It's been done to me a few times over the years & while I wasn't particularly happy about it, I just got on with the rest of the flight, landed safely & enjoyed the rest of my trip.

Grow up!
I was on one flight years ago in the second last row and this around 7 year old lad behind did the riverdance on my seat back for the first half hour. All the time screaming and whingeing at his mam and Dad. They just let him carry on doing it. For half a f***ing hour... It takes a lot for me to lose me rag but when I spun round to suggest to the fatha that he might consider keeping the boy in check or he'd learn first hand how plane toilets work and how long it takes to fall 30,000 feet he took one look at my face and moved the bairn onto his knee. Why did it take that for them to possibly think the little demonic bastard might be pissing people off? The general ignorance of other people staggers me at times like. :lol:

I was on one flight years ago in the second last row and this around 7 year old lad behind did the riverdance on my seat back for the first half hour. All the time screaming and whingeing at his mam and Dad. They just let him carry on doing it. For half a f***ing hour... It takes a lot for me to lose me rag but when I spun round to suggest to the fatha that he might consider keeping the boy in check or he'd learn first hand how plane toilets work and how long it takes to fall 30,000 feet he took one look at my face and moved the bairn onto his knee. Why did it take that for them to possibly think the little demonic bastard might be pissing people off? The general ignorance of other people staggers me at times like. :lol:

That's a lovely story and all that, but why are you quoting me? Are you saying that I'm ignorant for thinking that people could & should use the reclining function on an aircraft? Granted, there are exceptional circumstances, like yours, where you might need to speak up, but if it's someone using the function, as they're quite entitled to, I can't see any issue.

That's a lovely story and all that, but why are you quoting me? Are you saying that I'm ignorant for thinking that people could & should use the reclining function on an aircraft? Granted, there are exceptional circumstances, like yours, where you might need to speak up, but if it's someone using the function, as they're quite entitled to, I can't see any issue.
No, I don't think you're ignorant for that. The reason I quoted you was just the fact you mentioned various flights where it hadn't bothered you and I just gave an extreme version.

No, I don't think you're ignorant for that. The reason I quoted you was just the fact you mentioned various flights where it hadn't bothered you and I just gave an extreme version.

No, that's fair enough now that you've explained it. I wouldn't say that it didn't bother me. It just didn't end up with me starting a thread on here about it, although I'm sure that I've started more embarrassing threads. I honestly can't understand the bitching on here about it. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. & then you have these fuckin twats saying "Turn left".

Fuck off you bellend.

No, that's fair enough now that you've explained it. I wouldn't say that it didn't bother me. It just didn't end up with me starting a thread on here about it, although I'm sure that I've started more embarrassing threads. I honestly can't understand the bitching on here about it. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. & then you have these fuckin twats saying "Turn left".

Fuck off you bellend.
:lol:

tunstallhill
Is that another sequel to Snakes on a Plane?

Last edited by a moderator:

Haha I’ve experienced this twice. The first time was with our lass, kids behind banging on the seats. Parents doing nowt. Our lass sees the likelihood of me kicking off and she’s saying “don’t, just don’t” so I try to keep schtum and then our lass turns round and starts kicking off with them instead. Stole me thunder the cheeky mare!

More recently on me own. Two kids in the row behind are unlatching the trays and letting them fall, over and over and over. My huffing and puffing and stage whispering wasn’t giving them the hint so I turned round and gave them an earful. They look across the aisle at their parents and I just say “don’t look at them, you’re both old enough to realize how annoying this is” - By this time I’m pissed off enough to take the parents on anarl if they want to jump in. Not a peep out of any of them for the rest of the flight.

Like you say the general ignorance is staggering that parents let kids act out like that and do nothing to intervene. When we’ve flown with the bairn I’m paranoid that she screams or even so much as nudges the seat in front but we’re lucky every time she just falls fast akip in no time.

Haha I’ve experienced this twice. The first time was with our lass, kids behind banging on the seats. Parents doing nowt. Our lass sees the likelihood of me kicking off and she’s saying “don’t, just don’t” so I try to keep schtum and then our lass turns round and starts kicking off with them instead. Stole me thunder the cheeky mare!

More recently on me own. Two kids in the row behind are unlatching the trays and letting them fall, over and over and over. My huffing and puffing and stage whispering wasn’t giving them the hint so I turned round and gave them an earful. They look across the aisle at their parents and I just say “don’t look at them, you’re both old enough to realize how annoying this is” - By this time I’m pissed off enough to take the parents on anarl if they want to jump in. Not a peep out of any of them for the rest of the flight.

Like you say the general ignorance is staggering that parents let kids act out like that and do nothing to intervene. When we’ve flown with the bairn I’m paranoid that she screams or even so much as nudges the seat in front but we’re lucky every time she just falls fast akip in no time.

A lot of kids “kicking” would be solved by giving them a footrest. I couldn’t sit with my legs dangling for a few hours, it hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back