RAWA Questions For The Club/Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m not even on Twitter and know it’s full of opinionated, abusive arseholes. Whether you’re the PM, football club owner, or work in McDonalds, you open yourself up to that. It’s a social problem, not a SAFC problem.
Personally, I think he needs to give his head a shake, step back up to leading our club by example, and get some positivity back around the place.
They’ve done some undeniable good work here last season, and it would be a shame to have it all undone.
I completely agree and put Charlie in front of the fans isn't the best option as he has a remarakable ability to open his mouth and put his foot in it.

I completely agree and put Charlie in front of the fans isn't the best option as he has a remarakable ability to open his mouth and put his foot in it.

Again, being fair to Methven, he’s attended every RAWA/club meeting there has been, often speaks candidly, (albeit sometimes calling upon his PR history/spin), and I’d like to think he still wants what’s best for our club/fans.

I’m not even on Twitter and know it’s full of opinionated, abusive arseholes. Whether you’re the PM, football club owner, or work in McDonalds, you open yourself up to that. It’s a social problem, not a SAFC problem.
Personally, I think he needs to give his head a shake, step back up to leading our club by example, and get some positivity back around the place.
They’ve done some undeniable good work here last season, and it would be a shame to have it all undone.
Hopefully those feelings are passed on cos its an atrocious stance.

Again, being fair to Methven, he’s attended every RAWA/club meeting there has been, often speaks candidly, (albeit sometimes calling upon his PR history/spin), and I’d like to think he still wants what’s best for our club/fans.

I think they both want what's best for us. A lot are now questioning Donald's motives for getting involved but are ignoring the fact that he took over Eastleigh. You don't do that if you don't love the sport, there was never likely to be any money to be made from it so I can totally believe him when he says he came here because of the size of the club etc, he'll want to make money but I still don't think it's his sole objective.

I still think both are probably quite decent people, but Donald said that he'd know when he wasn't wanted, and has said he'll always do what's right for the club. That being the case he's got to look not at investment but at getting someone else to take over. If he is determined to stay (which I think would be a mistake) he needs a DoF type. The problem is we desperately need one since just about every decision Donald has made has been shit, but we probably can't afford one.

Just a quick question mate, I know the club have to attend these meetings (think it's 2 a year or something the EFL requires). I trust the RAWA to be quite robust with their questioning; this is more the forum for it and RAWA are one group who have never courted the owners in any way. What happens if Methven doesn't like it? Is the representative group chosen by the fans (so they have to meet with you) or can they push to go back to meeting with the BLC (who in some cases I think would be a lot tamer in their approach)? Not sure how the whole nominated group thing works

When is the RAWA fan meeting?

I think they both want what's best for us. A lot are now questioning Donald's motives for getting involved but are ignoring the fact that he took over Eastleigh. You don't do that if you don't love the sport, there was never likely to be any money to be made from it so I can totally believe him when he says he came here because of the size of the club etc, he'll want to make money but I still don't think it's his sole objective.

I still think both are probably quite decent people, but Donald said that he'd know when he wasn't wanted, and has said he'll always do what's right for the club. That being the case he's got to look not at investment but at getting someone else to take over. If he is determined to stay (which I think would be a mistake) he needs a DoF type. The problem is we desperately need one since just about every decision Donald has made has been shit, but we probably can't afford one.

Just a quick question mate, I know the club have to attend these meetings (think it's 2 a year or something the EFL requires). I trust the RAWA to be quite robust with their questioning; this is more the forum for it and RAWA are one group who have never courted the owners in any way. What happens if Methven doesn't like it? Is the representative group chosen by the fans (so they have to meet with you) or can they push to go back to meeting with the BLC (who in some cases I think would be a lot tamer in their approach)? Not sure how the whole nominated group thing works

Long time lurker, 1st time I've posted. You're correct, it's at least two times a year and it should be with a democratically structured, independent supporter group. Rawa will be respectful and diplomatic in their questioning but won't shirk any difficult subjects. If they are kicked out of future meetings for that (which I don't think they will be) then the whole thing will have gone to pot anyway. Rawa have a respectful relationship with the Club but we're completely independent, which is as it should be.
By the way you've always seemed like one of the more level headed posters on here. You should get involved with rawa if you're not already.

What is Richard Hill’s role at Safc? Going off Donald’s public statements on podcasts he is involved in player identification, transfer and contract negotiation, youth development strategy and manager identification. He was the one that Hull rang when they offered for Honeyman. That appears to be a very wide-ranging remit. Arguably he is he most powerful person on the football side of the club. What makes him suitable for the role? His cv and performance levels to date clearly don’t.

Feel free to leave that last part out in the interests of bonhomie.

and in addition to this I would like to hear what, exactly, qualifies Richard Hill to perform this role?

Long time lurker, 1st time I've posted. You're correct, it's at least two times a year and it should be with a democratically structured, independent supporter group. Rawa will be respectful and diplomatic in their questioning but won't shirk any difficult subjects. If they are kicked out of future meetings for that (which I don't think they will be) then the whole thing will have gone to pot anyway. Rawa have a respectful relationship with the Club but we're completely independent, which is as it should be.
By the way you've always seemed like one of the more level headed posters on here. You should get involved with rawa if you're not already.

Cheers mate! I'm a member of the RAWA, been to both the AGM meetings. When the bairn gets a bit older I'll definitely want to get more involved, would struggle a bit at the minute as I work away a lot in addition to having the littleun to run after, but I agree that anyone with concerns should join RAWA and get as involved as they can. Ultimately commenting on here doesn't really make a difference but the more people involved with RAWA the more the club will have to take them seriously and act on legitimate concerns

Donald kept trotting out the “know when Im not wanted” line just six months or so into his tenure mate, then kept repeating it when not necesarry at all.
That and the current stance have me feeling he hasnt the hours/desire to put in but its a convenient excuse.
Hope Im wrong and he comes out fighting however.

What is the soonest possible date that the American consortium could verifiably take the reins of the club in its entirety?

In theory? I'm no expert but I'd imagine it could be done in a matter of days/ a couple of weeks if they so desired. By all accounts due diligence has been done, they've got a holding company set up, so if they agreed a price it would likely just be getting the final agreement agreed between lawyers and signing the shares over to FPP. Can't see anything happening soon though

Methven, the ever reliable Chris Waters and a few of his team will be in attendance. We’ve pushed for Donald to attend, alas, he’s allowing a few idiots on social media to reflect on our whole fan base, where in reality, this is the platform that probably would have worked best for him.

Has Stewart ever attended? I thought Charlie running the club side was the usual practice.

Last edited:
When is the RAWA fan meeting?

Thursday 21st.
Has Stewart ever attended? I thought Charlie running the club side was the usual practice.

He’s never attended. And that's definitely part of the current problem.

I’m not sure mate. I’ll try and find out.

Bearing in mind, as fans, I don’t recall ever hearing a single thing back from the days of the other fan groups, let’s hope not.

I’m not sure mate. I’ll try and find out.

Bearing in mind, as fans, I don’t recall ever hearing a single thing back from the days of the other fan groups, let’s hope not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back