RAWA Questions For The Club/Owners

Frustratingly enough the bit about the investment is the one thing that everyone is desperate to hear more about (your first question is very pertinent too) but he's shut down questions on it repeatedly so I doubt it will be asked and, if it is, we know exactly what the answer will be

Seems a pointless exercise to have a sanitised question and answer session though eh? Of course they may not be in a position to give details, but there has been a frustrating pattern of sharing a few choice details, and then keeping schtum.

Sometimes it's better not to say anything, I think there are choppy waters ahead if the theme continues.
I've just finished listening to the podcast. I couldn't really find a lot of fault with anything either he or Reid had to say - if owt I was quite appeased by much of it.

However...

When asked what FFP's intentions and motivations, Charlie answered "ask them". Now I dunno about anyone else, but I haven't got these lads on Whatsapp to do just that. So with that in mind could he not ask on our behalf?

A more pertinent question to "just ask" however, is given Charlie's admission at a recent Q&A that he and Donald are not wealthy enough to run this club beyond League 1, the fact that the past 17 months has essentially been an exercise in "cutting the fat" whilst courting investment, and this new investment is going to be vital towards the capital expenditure of the football club, does he really believe taking on Sunderland AFC was a responsible thing to do given the weight of history and expectation at the club?

It's pointless to court publicity and then shy away from it, it must be obvious that "investment" from them will attract interest and questions, and there is a tone that is used to tell the natives to wind their necks in.

Ultimately it means fuck all, time will pass and names come and go, but we have arrived recently at a stage where the club have enjoyed being open, inclusive, and media darlings, only then to do an apparent about turn. An unfortunate truth for some is that bums on seats bring their mouths, and mouths question.

Rightly so.

Last edited:

Was the club disappointed that details about the bigger investment from FPP was leaked to RR, ALS and a national newspaper in the summer? Has the culprit been found and been subject to club disciplinary procedures?

Which algorithm has been used to calculate that 98% of fans arent abusive and that the 2% who are abusive are non attending keyboard warriors? Is it the same as the parasite algorithm or a new one?

Which level of Championship club do we aspire to sell academy players to once they’ve made their impression for a while with us in league one?

What was the most ‘special’ result of Phil Parkinson’s championship consolidation season with Colchester?

Very good...fully agree with all of the above but you have put them in a much more eloquent manner than I ever could.
1) We have numerous players out of contract in the summer, Have contract negotiations with players started or is it dependant on what league we are in?

2) We are going to need a strong January in order to gain promotion, Have targets been identified and is there any financial resource to make the necessary signings?

3) How did Phil Parkinson stand out from any other candidate interviewed during the selection process?

4) Since the summer of 2018, the youth teams (Under 23s & 18s) have played 62 league games, winning 3, drawing 14 and losing 45. What is being done to address this?

5) When Richard Hill was appointed you advised that he joined the club in a 'specific role', however 'no first time duties', Can you explain if this is still the case considering he has actively been involved in first team signings?

6) Richard Hill has been employed alongside Tony Coton as 'Head of Recruitment', Nothing so far at Sunderland suggests the scouting network for either the first team or academy is working, Are the positions up for review or likely to change?

7) The signings in general have proved to be pretty poor, Are the club looking at improving the background team of scouts / making extra funding available for an improved scouting network?

8) In the last 18 months, we have signed 18 first team players whilst offloading 31. Reported fees are at a spend of 4.3M whilst receiving 25.2M. With a floundering scouting system, How can the club to progress and improve under this model?

9) What is the future for Juan Sartori at Sunderland? Since he has came on the books, little financial backing appears to have came from Juan himself. Is he actively involved and likely to be so moving forward?

10) Who leaked the information to Roker Rapport advising that the deal with FFP was completed?

11) When can we expect the loan repayments to be made back to the club?

12) How are the team, realistically meant to hit a target of 100 points despite not spending a penny in the summer whilst significantly weakening the first team? The sale of Cattermole, Honeyman, Oviedo surely freed up further room for reinforcements.

13) What is the latest on Benji Kimpionkas contract?

14) Have you permanently deleted your Twitter account? You have always wanted to remain transparent with the Sunderland fans however we have received very little to no update from the club since results have went downhill.
Very good...fully agree with all of the above but you have put them in a much more eloquent manner than I ever could.

Last edited:
Red & White Army
@RedAndWhite2017

·5m
Whilst we await confirmation from
@SunderlandAFC
on the date of the next supporter engagement meeting we want to know what questions you have. As usual we will ask what fellow supporters want us to ask and you'll be able to read the responses via published minutes.

We’ve been pushing for a meeting for a while now, (preferably a one that Stewart Donald will be in attendance for), so please feel free to leave your questions/thoughts on this thread, in anticipation that the club finally confirm one soon.
I’m sure you all have one or two things on your mind?!!

Wadn't bother mate the majority take what they say with a pinch of salt.

Was the club disappointed that details about the bigger investment from FPP was leaked to RR, ALS and a national newspaper in the summer? Has the culprit been found and been subject to club disciplinary procedures?

Which algorithm has been used to calculate that 98% of fans arent abusive and that the 2% who are abusive are non attending keyboard warriors? Is it the same as the parasite algorithm or a new one?

Which level of Championship club do we aspire to sell academy players to once they’ve made their impression for a while with us in league one?

What was the most ‘special’ result of Phil Parkinson’s championship consolidation season with Colchester?
I think the culprit is still at the club.

There’s no point going on about past stuff to me ... but question would be
We have players not good enough or right for us in our squad - some we have spent large amounts of money on for this division. So we either invest in better or we will probably stay down / gamble on the play offs. Both have financial risk and the second may deter investors. Which option will you be taking in January. ? Which option is in the best interest of the club ?

Given the continuing dreadful performance of Sunderland afc under the stewardship of Donald et al, what significant changes are planned for the very near future? It is gradually dawning on the fanbase that we have witnessed the total and utter failure of whatever the club passed off as strategy on the football side. Whatever they intended it has failed miserably - and will continue to do so. What significant changes are going to be made to personnel, strategy, process and overall thinking to arrest the decline that we’ve seen since Donald arrived at the club?

@Ghandi Floss you confident of getting a club representative to attend?

I have great concerns and would love to hear their insights.

Methven, the ever reliable Chris Waters and a few of his team will be in attendance. We’ve pushed for Donald to attend, alas, he’s allowing a few idiots on social media to reflect on our whole fan base, where in reality, this is the platform that probably would have worked best for him.

Methven, the ever reliable Chris Waters and a few of his team will be in attendance. We’ve pushed for Donald to attend, alas, he’s allowing a few idiots on social media to reflect on our whole fan base, where in reality, this is the platform that probably would have worked best for him.
That’s good news. Keep up the good work.

I’m sure you’ve heard/read on here how the fans felt how Roker Rapport conduct their interviews.
I hope you can learn from their mistakes.

Albeit I appreciate what both platforms do.

A fair percentage of those idiots probably aren't even Sunderland fans and just WUMs fishing for bites.

A fair percentage of those idiots probably aren't even Sunderland fans and just WUMs fishing for bites.

I’m not even on Twitter and know it’s full of opinionated, abusive arseholes. Whether you’re the PM, football club owner, or work in McDonalds, you open yourself up to that. It’s a social problem, not a SAFC problem.
Personally, I think he needs to give his head a shake, step back up to leading our club by example, and get some positivity back around the place.
They’ve done some undeniable good work here last season, and it would be a shame to have it all undone.

Back