PS5 Or Xbox series x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just looking to pre order some games for the Ps5. How come assassin's creed and cyberpunk are £45 and Demons Souls is £70?

Seems excessive when the dark souls remaster started at £29.99 on release. Thought AC and CP would be at the top end price wise

Just looking to pre order some games for the Ps5. How come assassin's creed and cyberpunk are £45 and Demons Souls is £70?

Seems excessive when the dark souls remaster started at £29.99 on release. Thought AC and CP would be at the top end price wise
Bog standard Spiderman Miles Morales on the PS5 is £51.99 man, the deluxe version will probably be about £68.99 or summat - saying that, PS4 new releases weren't much cheaper.

Next gen prices got a big increase, £70 is going to be normal now.

Still haven’t pre-ordered either series S or X like. Might have to go out on the day to try and find one.

re the prices of PS5 games; I'm sure the first year the PS4 came out the prices for games were being touted as around £50 and eventually calmed down.

re the prices of PS5 games; I'm sure the first year the PS4 came out the prices for games were being touted as around £50 and eventually calmed down.
For the last 25 plus years games have always averaged £40/50. Going as far back as the nes apart from the odd exception

One of the studio heads defended the price hike:

The bottom line is that we haven't seen a front-line price increase for nearly 15 years, and production costs have gone up 200 to 300 per cent.

But more to the point since no one really cares what your production costs are, what consumers are able to do with the product has completely changed.

We deliver a much, much bigger game for $60 or $70 than we delivered for $60 10 years ago. The opportunity to spend money online is completely optional, and it's not a free-to-play title. It's a complete, incredibly robust experience even if you never spend another penny after your initial purchase.

Which was said by the head of Take-Two regarding NBA 2k21, the same game that has unskippable adverts and obviously has microtransactions.
For the last 25 plus years games have always averaged £40/50. Going as far back as the nes apart from the odd exception
Don't know if you remember Virtua Racing on the Mega Drive but that came on an oversized cartridge and was about £70.

One of the studio heads defended the price hike:

The bottom line is that we haven't seen a front-line price increase for nearly 15 years, and production costs have gone up 200 to 300 per cent.

But more to the point since no one really cares what your production costs are, what consumers are able to do with the product has completely changed.

We deliver a much, much bigger game for $60 or $70 than we delivered for $60 10 years ago. The opportunity to spend money online is completely optional, and it's not a free-to-play title. It's a complete, incredibly robust experience even if you never spend another penny after your initial purchase.

Which was said by the head of Take-Two regarding NBA 2k21, the same game that has unskippable adverts and obviously has microtransactions.

Don't know if you remember Virtua Racing on the Mega Drive but that came on an oversized cartridge and was about £70.

Yea. I remember that. Street fight 2 on the SNES hitting £65. And I think first mortal kombat was £60

They say products cost more which they do. But they also sell a lot lot more. And of course with digital distribution. They save a fortune and no second hand market. And of course the dlc and micro transactions.

As someone else mentioned, the next gen AAA prices are going to be around the £70 mark in the UK. With regards to AC and CP they are this generation titles that can be played on next gen. Demon Souls is a purely next gen game. Miles Morales is a smaller sixed game to the full Spiderman release so they are selling it at a lower price for the base game.
Series X available in Currys. MICROSOFT Xbox Series X - 1 TB

They've put the price up as a workaround for bots/scalpers, they'll give you a code for the proper price at checkout.

So you have to go in store to get the code?

Last edited:
As someone else mentioned, the next gen AAA prices are going to be around the £70 mark in the UK. With regards to AC and CP they are this generation titles that can be played on next gen. Demon Souls is a purely next gen game. Miles Morales is a smaller sixed game to the full Spiderman release so they are selling it at a lower price for the base game.

So you have to go in store to get the code?

Yeah makes sense.

I still think remasters should have a cap on them. Think I paid £30 for dark souls and the same for spyro. As demon's souls is the only one of the series I haven't played ill reluctantly pay it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back