PS5 Or Xbox series x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest what makes you say that? Can’t see any discernible differences apart from the exclusives (neither consoles of which interest me)
Read the ps pushes through 5.5gb of data per second while the Xbox does 2.5. Not an expert just going by the few short reviews I've looked at.

Read the ps pushes through 5.5gb of data per second while the Xbox does 2.5. Not an expert just going by the few short reviews I've looked at.
Xbox has a larger custom SSD and PS5 has a faster but smaller SSD, that may effect loading times but the Xbox is more powerful. I'd imagine they'll even each other out though and we won't see much, if any, difference in multi-platform games.

The two consoles are basically the same, neither is better than the other, you just go with what you know, had Sony since PS1 and unless Microsoft offer something revolutionary that Sony cant in a console then have no reason to change. Sony will probably always win the console sales war as most gamers have grown up with a PlayStation.

The two consoles are basically the same, neither is better than the other, you just go with what you know, had Sony since PS1 and unless Microsoft offer something revolutionary that Sony cant in a console then have no reason to change. Sony will probably always win the console sales war as most gamers have grown up with a PlayStation.
Microsoft buying up popular studios could be a game changer. We will see.

I've pre ordered a PS5 with disc drive. Mainly because I have a PS4 and steering wheel setup for it and PSVR.

Did toy with the idea of getting an xbox and game pass also but just don't have the time to invest in 2 consoles nowadays.

Microsoft buying up popular studios could be a game changer. We will see.
I wouldn’t think that automatically makes those games Xbox exclusives. They’re not gonna just release the like of elder scrolls or a fallout game on Xbox and miss out on all the revenue they would get from other owners. Smaller games from those studios maybe.

I wouldn’t think that automatically makes those games Xbox exclusives. They’re not gonna just release the like of elder scrolls or a fallout game on Xbox and miss out on all the revenue they would get from other owners. Smaller games from those studios maybe.

Skyrim made around $1.4b. The xbox Bethesda deal is over 5x that alone. Very good chance they will be exclusive to Xbox and PC

Skyrim made around $1.4b. The xbox Bethesda deal is over 5x that alone. Very good chance they will be exclusive to Xbox and PC
and thats the reason I dont see it happening as an exclusive. No way they'll turn down that amount of revenue just for an exclusive.

and thats the reason I dont see it happening as an exclusive. No way they'll turn down that amount of revenue just for an exclusive.

But the exclusivity deal is worth far more than that and then they will receive PC and Xbox revenue as well

But the exclusivity deal is worth far more than that and then they will receive PC and Xbox revenue as well
The exclusivity deal is only worth it though if people go out and buy an xbox which not even close to everyone will do.
They already showed when they bought minecraft that exclusives arent everything. They saw how much money that made and didnt make it exclusive and lose out on that revenue.
Possibly do timed exclusives

Last edited:
The exclusivity deal is only worth it though if people go out and buy an xbox which not even close to everyone will do.
They already showed when they bought minecraft that exclusives arent everything. They saw how much money that made and didnt make it exclusive and lose out on that revenue.
Possibly do timed exclusives
They want people to be buying into Game Pass, the only way the new IPs they own get onto PS5 is if Sony allows Game Pass onto their store.

They want people to be buying into Game Pass, the only way the new IPs they own get onto PS5 is if Sony allows Game Pass onto their store.
New IPs maybe yeah.

Existing ones Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Skyrim I just dont see it. (not just me saying this btw! ;))

New IPs maybe yeah.

Existing ones Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Skyrim I just dont see it. (not just me saying this btw! ;))
New IPs to them, so including all of those. They aren't paying $7.5b for system selling IPs just to make games for their main competitor.

New IPs to them, so including all of those. They aren't paying $7.5b for system selling IPs just to make games for their main competitor.
so they'll turn down half the revenue from skyrim going forward?

Why didnt they make minecraft exclusive if thats the case

Don't see it.

so they'll turn down half the revenue from skyrim going forward?

Why didnt they make minecraft exclusive if thats the case

Don't see it.
Yes because they want as many people as possible on Game Pass (which is available on PC and Mobile without needing to own an Xbox), so they will all be on GP day one. Subscriptions for that and the number of people with an Xbox will increase dramatically when stuff like Elder Scrolls 6 or Fallout 5 comes out. Putting them out on PS5 may sound like it will make them money but that's people not buying an Xbox or Game Pass and they have to give Sony 30%.

Minecraft was already coming out on PS4 when Mojang was bought, similar to how Deathloop and Ghostwire are still coming out as timed exclusives on PS5.

They will put the ball in Sony's court by offering them GP for their store IMO but obviously they'll reject that.

Yes because they want as many people as possible on Game Pass (which is available on PC and Mobile without needing to own an Xbox), so they will all be on GP day one. Subscriptions for that and the number of people with an Xbox will increase dramatically when stuff like Elder Scrolls 6 or Fallout 5 comes out. Putting them out on PS5 may sound like it will make them money but that's people not buying an Xbox or Game Pass and they have to give Sony 30%.

Minecraft was already coming out on PS4 when Mojang was bought, similar to how Deathloop and Ghostwire are still coming out as timed exclusives on PS5.

They will put the ball in Sony's court by offering them GP for their store IMO but obviously they'll reject that.
I dunno, just don't see it.

It's all opinions atm anyway, nobody know what they're gonna do.

The thing is the money they've forked out then putting them on gamepass wouldn't make it viable in the long run at the price gamepass is.

They'll have timed exclusives imo then they'll hit other platforms

They can't afford to not be selling copies of first party games and just giving them away.

The thing is the money they've forked out then putting them on gamepass wouldn't make it viable in the long run at the price gamepass is.

They'll have timed exclusives imo then they'll hit other platforms

They can't afford to not be selling copies of first party games and just giving them away.
All first party games are already day one releases on Game Pass.

Their plan is to build it up so it's the equivalent of Netflix, to do that they need loads of must have games on there and have a version of it on as many platforms as possible. They already have 15m subscribers and that number is only going to go up as they are tap into the PC market, mobile with xCloud and before they start shipping smart TVs with GP built in.

They're going to keep spending heavily to shut out Amazon and Google from that market, so they're not going to give Sony a helping hand.

All first party games are already day one releases on Game Pass.

Their plan is to build it up so it's the equivalent of Netflix, to do that they need loads of must have games on there and have a version of it on as many platforms as possible. They already have 15m subscribers and that number is only going to go up as they are tap into the PC market, mobile with xCloud and before they start shipping smart TVs with GP built in.

They're going to keep spending heavily to shut out Amazon and Google from that market, so they're not going to give Sony a helping hand.
Exactly though, thats 15million people won't buy day 1 releases. So say 10 first party games get released and they would sell 1m copies each at $70 that's 700m they miss out on actual sales.

Even at 50 million games pass subscribers at say 50$ would only reach 2.5 in then console sales of 3m at $500 say 1.5bn

It doesn't even scratch the surface of what they've paid for 1 group of studios. They still need to shift actual copies of games, for at least the time being imo.

Exactly though, thats 15million people won't buy day 1 releases. So say 10 first party games get released and they would sell 1m copies each at $70 that's 700m they miss out on actual sales.

Even at 50 million games pass subscribers at say 50$ would only reach 2.5 in then console sales of 3m at $500 say 1.5bn

It doesn't even scratch the surface of what they've paid for 1 group of studios. They still need to shift actual copies of games, for at least the time being imo.
50 mil subscribers, paying £11 per month, that's £6.6b per year.

The xCloud may be the big thing though, mobile gaming is so much bigger by total population that consoles. Just as an example, PUBG Mobile has 555m players, 110m of those are from India where it's really popular as it's not particularly demanding on phones, with xCloud/GP you can play the full version of PUBG without owning an Xbox and pretty much any phone can run it as it's all streamed.

I'm sure they are taking some short term losses to make sure it gets where they need it to be but they are going all in with GP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back