PS5 Or Xbox series x

Yeah exactly. Even I don't play as much as I used to, just don't have the time. Something like this where it's ideal for the bairn and I can still get a bit of FIFA in on it gets their consoles under TVs and subscription money in their pockets.
I've still got an Xbox one. I never play on it unless the kids make me. I think I'll stick with it until there are some exclusives, the graphics etc still look great. Even the 360 games are good.

None of them are currently worth it, Xbox has absolutely no exclusives at launch, the xs is pitiful, 364gb available space after the os. The ps5 is the size of a small car again dubious storage space and doesn't support 1440p native or external storage currently, first time I'll be staying well clear of both of them until the 2nd iteration arrives

Last edited:
None of them are currently worth it, Xbox has absolutely no exclusives at launch, the xs is pitiful, 364gb available space after the os. The ps5 is the size of a small car again dubious storage space and doesn't support 1440p native or external storage currently, first time I'll be staying well clear of both of them until the 2nd iteration arrives

What are the launch titles on the new Xboxes?

New assassins creed, dirt 5, watch dogs legion, can't even think of anything else it's that bad

It's crazy that new consoles launch with nowt now. I don't think there's a huge leap other than resolution.

I think this might be the last new generation launch.

Got a PS5 on pre order but seriously thinking of cancelling it and getting the series S instead, always had a PlayStation but only a casual gamer now, The last of us 2 was the first game I have played outside of FIFA, Pes, and COD for years. I also see you can get Footy Manager on the new Xbox which is a game changer.

It's crazy that new consoles launch with nowt now. I don't think there's a huge leap other than resolution.

I think this might be the last new generation launch.

In each generation it takes time into the cycle to really see the next jump graphically. The main difference at the start will be load times.

The say 'this is the last new generation' every new generation so I wouldn't be so sure.

I'm tempted but I don't know what I'd really be buying it for as I'm a Playstation exclusives fanboy

In each generation it takes time into the cycle to really see the next jump graphically. The main difference at the start will be load times.

The jump from 8 to 16 bit was huge. The jump from 16 bit to PS1 etc was huge too, similar the next generation too.

The jump from 8 to 16 bit was huge. The jump from 16 bit to PS1 etc was huge too, similar the next generation too.

Maybe the jump is harder when we're already having very realistic looking games. Also it will be the first party stuff and big franchises who make the most out of the new hardware

Maybe the jump is harder when we're already having very realistic looking games. Also it will be the first party stuff and big franchises who make the most out of the new hardware
I think maybe having PCs constantly improving between generations ended the wow factor.

I think maybe having PCs constantly improving between generations ended the wow factor.
I think it depends on which group you're in. Predominately console gamers I assume will be happy with faster loading times, 60 frames and exclusive games (especially on the Playstation side).

On a personal note for me it's a bout getting a box I can use without having to worry about updating until the next one comes out in 7/8 years.

Whats the differemce between xbox x and digital only version apart from.the obvious

200 quid cheaper
I’ve got the digital only one (Series S) on pre-order.

The main difference I reckon for a casual gamer who isn’t arsed about a difference in resolution is the storage. Only around 400GB available at launch for games and with the likes of Cod etc regularly needing 100GB plus, you might need extra storage.

I have a 1TB Seagate expansion card that I use for the PS4 but I think it’s also compatible with the Series S. Think the other Seagate ones (up to 8TB) are also compatible with it but it stops the instant loading times. Maybe someone else on this thread can advise.
Got a PS5 on pre order but seriously thinking of cancelling it and getting the series S instead, always had a PlayStation but only a casual gamer now, The last of us 2 was the first game I have played outside of FIFA, Pes, and COD for years. I also see you can get Footy Manager on the new Xbox which is a game changer.
The footy manager is based on the touch version, but that should mean it’s just a bit less detailed. Should have the 3D match engine option available. Will probably be a bit like LMA Manager which I really miss. :lol:

I’ve got the digital only one (Series S) on pre-order.

The main difference I reckon for a casual gamer who isn’t arsed about a difference in resolution is the storage. Only around 400GB available at launch for games and with the likes of Cod etc regularly needing 100GB plus, you might need extra storage.

I have a 1TB Seagate expansion card that I use for the PS4 but I think it’s also compatible with the Series S. Think the other Seagate ones (up to 8TB) are also compatible with it but it stops the instant loading times. Maybe someone else on this thread can advise.

The footy manager is based on the touch version, but that should mean it’s just a bit less detailed. Should have the 3D match engine option available. Will probably be a bit like LMA Manager which I really miss. :lol:
You can use any HDD or SSD with Xbox but they can only play games up to the Xbox One generation, you can store Xbox Series S/X games on them though and transfer them over when needed which is a lot quicker than redownloading them. There is also that Xbox SSD that works with any games but that's £220 and that is a bit pointless if you're getting the Series S as you may as well get a Series X.

PS5 doesn't support the SSD expansion on release and won't support external HDD or SSD for any games, so you're stuck with the base space until they get the expansion slot working.

LMA manager was class but FM should be canny on the Xbox, especially if quick resume works with it.

Last edited:
You can use any HDD or SSD with Xbox but they can only play games up to the Xbox One generation, you can store Xbox Series S/X games on them though and transfer them over when needed which is a lot quicker than redownloading them. There is also that Xbox SSD that works with any games but that's £220 and that is a bit pointless if you're getting the Series S as you may as well get a Series X.

PS5 doesn't support the SSD expansion on release and won't support external HDD or SSD for any games, so you're stuck with the base space until they get the expansion slot working.
Isn’t the Xbox one generation continuing for a few years anyways? Sure I read they’re still going to release new games for Xbox One & PS4 for the next few years.

Back