Protein shakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

No. I am educated, which is why I have not fallen for the protein powder con.

What exactly do you think it is made from, magic fairy protein? :rolleyes:

Aldi skimmed-milk has 34g per litre (unless the multinational supermarket chain's testing department has got it wrong)

Yes it has a higher concentration of fat, but fat is not bad, especially for someone recovering from an operation. In fact the latest research shows fat to be good in a diet.

If you're trying to get cut for a body building competition, then maybe a super-skimmed powder is right for the job, but for normal people it just is an expensive form of protein, although much cheaper than steak ;)

:lol:

the whole point is reducing volume due to it being concentrated protein. I wouldnt fancy downing a pint of milk after every meal.

get your protein from myprotein & mix with water

chia seeds have plenty protein and are also good for your joints :eek::eek::D

http://www.healwithfood.org/rheumatoidarthritis/chia-seeds-joint-pain.php

Turns out, the ancient Aztecs used chia seeds to relieve joint pain, among other things. However, despite the history of chia as a natural remedy for joint problems, little scientific research has been done on the subject. That said, the nutrient composition of chia seeds has been studied, and interestingly, many of the nutrients found in these tiny seeds are well known for their anti-inflammatory and anti-rheumatic properties. Here's a lowdown of the key joint health promoting nutrients found in chia:

I've signed up for my protein so will try them when my stuff runs out

Add this to any shake https://draxe.com/hemp-protein-powder/

also get a bullet type blender with milling blade and make your own from flax hemp, nuts etc
I wonder if that would help.woth pain Aswell, instead cannabis supposed to be good for pain, is hemp the same, from cannabis plant

I've signed up for my protein so will try them when my stuff runs out

I wonder if that would help with pain Aswell, isnt cannabis supposed to be good for pain, is hemp the same, from the cannabis plant

Last edited:
Chocolate milk shake, just as much protein and cheap as chips.

Chocolate milk is actually really good post workout, but if you had it instead of every protein shake throughout the course of the day you would end up a fat bastard like, even on a bulk.

Chocolate milk is actually really good post workout, but if you had it instead of every protein shake throughout the course of the day you would end up a fat bastard like, even on a bulk.

Problem with many protein shakes is they are absolutely rank unless you make them with milk, obviously you will then double the protein content but will piss out anything over 30g anyway which is largely what it is the milk ;)

PS, love chocolate milk during races, one of the few things can stomach deep into a race when stomach gives up digestion ability.

Problem with many protein shakes is they are absolutely rank unless you make them with milk, obviously you will then double the protein content but will piss out anything over 30g anyway which is largely what it is the milk ;)

PS, love chocolate milk during races, one of the few things can stomach deep into a race when stomach gives up digestion ability.
:lol:

If you go for the bog standard flavours they are alright with water like imo, well as long as it's a decent brand anyway. Myprotein vanilla and strawberry flavours are great with water, I tend to find any nut flavour ones are f***ing lifting whether you use water or milk though.

If you go for the bog standard flavours they are alright with water like imo, well as long as it's a decent brand anyway. Myprotein vanilla and strawberry flavours are great with water, I tend to find any nut flavour ones are f***ing lifting whether you use water or milk though.

There used to be one about 20 years ago called "Great Stuff", I could literally have lived on it, would have it instead of meals sometimes cause it was so nice :cool:

Protein shakes are basically flavoured milk, sometimes with added chemicals, (do some have creatine?).

Milk is much cheaper than all that overpriced Meathead Mouthwash.

Don't be shy what is the operation?

Or you just piss it back out again.

This part is rubbish. In terms of protein content and value for money, whey protein is one of the cheapest protein sources. To the OP, just buy some protein powder online to supplement your diet. My Protein and discount supplements are cheap enough.

Im needing surgery and today in the pre med assessment the nurse says to have lots of protein in the comming weeks in the form of shakes,yogurts and cheese.

Anyone have experience of operations and been told the same and recommend any shakes

Cheers
Chicken n egg whites more protein than the body will need

Im needing surgery and today in the pre med assessment the nurse says to have lots of protein in the comming weeks in the form of shakes,yogurts and cheese.

Anyone have experience of operations and been told the same and recommend any shakes

Cheers

is this op to do with weight loss by any chance or something completely not related , no worries if you'd rather not say... just answer can vary unless I know :)

is this op to do with weight loss by any chance or something completely not related , no worries if you'd rather not say... just answer can vary unless I know :)
Its hip replacement, I'm not overweight and in fact really skinny but with a bit of a pot belly. Weigh about 9.5 stone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back