Protein shakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piss it back out again? Absolute bollocks mate. Any excess calories are stored as fat
Something I've just read did say any excess would be expelled via urine taking important calcium with it.

Not sure what to do for the best like

My protein is the cheapest place for protein by miles. Chances are I can find you a 30% off code as well. It will last a few weeks if you are having 2 a day.

Code is COUNTDOWN

30% off counting down 1% an hour from 9am. So still over 20% off.
Cheers, just had a look at the main site a nd there's a 30% off Countdown.

Edit Cheers see you editeed or I didn't read post fully:D

Last edited:

Is that not just for calcium?
Milk protein. All that protein powder is just milk powder with additives, it's VERY skimmed so low on fat, but you're not entering a body building competition.

Just wash down each, normal, meal with a pint of milk & you'll be fine.

The whole "protein-shake" industry is just designed to lighten Gym-Bunnies wallets.

I recommend the natural chocolate or banana flavour of that myprotein powder. don't bother with the chocolate coconut though, too much coconut and not enough chocolate.

Is that not just for calcium?

Apparently protein aswell. I've never been a milk drinker, wonder if this is partly why my hips have gone? Strong bones and that.
Most people get plenty of protein from a normal diet, only body-builders & performance athletes need supplements.

I recommend the natural chocolate or banana flavour of that myprotein powder. don't bother with the chocolate coconut though, too much coconut and not enough chocolate.
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
there was a programme on telly the other night explaining how that Skyr yogurt has so much more protein in it than normal yogurt
Never heard of them, I'll keep a look out

What about them things like actimel and them mini yogurt bottle type things, are they anygood.

I'm just totally ignorant when it comes to nutrition and know fuck all

Last edited:
These are quite nice, I've only seen them in Asda, just blend them in some almond or soy milk, or normal milk even if you don't wanna eat them, don't bother wasting money on protein shakes, as supermarkets own brand almond milk is cheap as, as are these yoghurts

Last edited:
Do you know how much milk you'd have to drink to get the same amount of protein as a protein shake?
618ml (close to a pint) has 21g of protein (a serving of that powder in the link above)

I don't seem to getting the point across:

It's just f***ing milk powder!

618ml (close to a pint) has 21g of protein (a serving of that powder in the link above)

I don't seem to getting the point across:

It's just f***ing milk powder!
it doesn't. It has about 16g of protein, along with 9g of fat and 250 calories.

or you can take a scoop of protein powder with water and get 25g of protein with less than 2g of fat and around 100 calories.

You seem to have a problem with protein powder but you obviously aren't educated on the subject.

Can't go wrong with MyProtein like, if you want pre mixed ones USN 50's and Carb Killa are the best tasting one's imo.

it doesn't. It has about 16g of protein, along with 9g of fat and 250 calories.

or you can take a scoop of protein powder with water and get 25g of protein with less than 2g of fat and around 100 calories.

You seem to have a problem with protein powder but you obviously aren't educated on the subject.

No. I am educated, which is why I have not fallen for the protein powder con.

What exactly do you think it is made from, magic fairy protein? :rolleyes:

Aldi skimmed-milk has 34g per litre (unless the multinational supermarket chain's testing department has got it wrong)

Yes it has a higher concentration of fat, but fat is not bad, especially for someone recovering from an operation. In fact the latest research shows fat to be good in a diet.

If you're trying to get cut for a body building competition, then maybe a super-skimmed powder is right for the job, but for normal people it just is an expensive form of protein, although much cheaper than steak ;)

Can't go wrong with MyProtein like, if you want pre mixed ones USN 50's and Carb Killa are the best tasting one's imo.
:lol:
He's an old gadgie recovering from a hip op.:lol:

Last edited:
No. I am educated, which is why I have not fallen for the protein powder con.

What exactly do you think it is made from, magic fairy protein? :rolleyes:

Aldi skimmed-milk has 34g per litre (unless the multinational supermarket chain's testing department has got it wrong)

Yes it has a higher concentration of fat, but fat is not bad, especially for someone recovering from an operation. In fact the latest research shows fat to be good in a diet.

If you're trying to get cut for a body building competition, then maybe a super-skimmed powder is right for the job, but for normal people it just is an expensive form of protein, although much cheaper than steak ;)

:lol:
He's an old gadgie recovering from a hip op.:lol:

ok well you enjoy drinking a f***ing litre of milk to get your 34g of protein. I'll drink a glass of milk and get the same.

Im needing surgery and today in the pre med assessment the nurse says to have lots of protein in the comming weeks in the form of shakes,yogurts and cheese.

Anyone have experience of operations and been told the same and recommend any shakes

Cheers
Can you not just get protein from food? That is the best way to do it, try and have a gram of protein per lean pound of bodyweight each day.

Can you not just get protein from food? That is the best way to do it, try and have a gram of protein per lean pound of bodyweight each day.
The nurse said to start drinking shakes Aswell

I got some from Asda in the end for £15 for 900g of powder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back