Protein shakes

I'm not trying to fuel any side of the argument, but I paid 15 quid and get 30 servings of 21g protein, so about 50p a serving I think.

Not sure if it's good or not, but really just wanted to follow what the nurse suggested. I'll only use it in run up to my op, and maybe for a little while after if they recommend me to.

I'm starting to have poached egg and beans on a slice of toast and Cereal for breakfast.

Also started eating 2 Greek style yogurts per day which I didn't before. Substituted my 2 bags of crisps a day for 2 bags of snack a jacks.

Can't wait till its all over

Last edited:
take mine during exercise , when the arms are hurting of hammering the press up's

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/38555693/protein-supplement-advert-claims-wrong-and-immoral

The Food Standards Agency states that adults need, on average, 55g of protein a day to lead a healthy life.

Image caption Professor Graeme Close from John Moores University
Yet most dieticians told us that active people should take more than that, with many suggesting between 1.2 - 1.5 grams per kilogram of body weight.

That means someone who weighs 80kg would aim for 100 to 120 grams to meet their daily requirement.

Taking protein supplements at the right time of the day is also vital, according to dieticians.

Keeping your levels of intake relatively constant, rather than additional shakes after meals, is more effective and where many go wrong, they say.

Back