Police funding has been cut 25 per cent

Status
Not open for further replies.

We (the North East) have just lost a police helicopter today now thanks to these Tory c***s, were down to one now, boils my piss this.

We (the North East) have just lost a police helicopter today now thanks to these Tory c***s, were down to one now, boils my piss this.

Crack Pork Down???

(Also, your sig seems at odds with your politics, unless it's irony?)

In about ten years time we will look back and laugh at the fact each police force paid a three man team to go up in a helicopter to look for Joyriders
But in the time until it happens they cant do anything though. I agree in time things will change and they will be in use.

ps each force didnt have a helicopter. There are only 15 helicopters in the UK, with 4 in the Met so that leaves 11 to cover the rest of England and Wales (Scotland also has one on loan since theirs crashed)

They've still got the resources to devote thousands to investigating journalists, dead politicians and celebrities, and people saying mean things on Twitter.

If a crime or a complaint of a crime it needs investigating. In regards to twitter, just because its online doesnt mean a crime isnt committed. Police are spending millions on moving with the times and trying to adapt to new media where more and more crime is being comitted. Maybe idiots on twitter, facebook et al should be more aware of what their posting and its effects rather than having the outlook that just because its on a screen, its not really real

The starting salary is almost an insult. The pensions are nowhere near what they used to be, but still better than owt I'm likely to ever get.

The police do a great job in the main.

Its good that cops in some forces can now move up payscales quicker and be on top whack for a pc in only 6 years rather than 12 like before i think it was. Pensions are much worse than before but still good but cops pay probably more than what most put into them though i think.

Its good that cops in some forces can now move up payscales quicker and be on top whack for a pc in only 6 years rather than 12 like before i think it was. Pensions are much worse than before but still good but cops pay probably more than what most put into them though i think.
is it 15% contributions?

So what impact have the cuts had and create rates and day-to-day policing? Has there been a detrimental affect on policing? I genuinely haven't noticed a difference. If anything there seems to be less crime?

Cops numbers in some forces have dropped by about a third

is it 15% contributions?

Not sure the exact amount but they do contribute a lot but as another poster said relative to a private pension of regular joe public its better

But in the time until it happens they cant do anything though. I agree in time things will change and they will be in use.

ps each force didnt have a helicopter. There are only 15 helicopters in the UK, with 4 in the Met so that leaves 11 to cover the rest of England and Wales (Scotland also has one on loan since theirs crashed)

2-3 million quid each to buy, a sky high hourly operating cost and wages of pilots, spotters and maintence crew.

Hopefully they can bank that money to save a few hundred jobs here and there, whether it's the best option in terms of fighting crime is debatable

2-3 million quid each to buy, a sky high hourly operating cost and wages of pilots, spotters and maintence crew.

Hopefully they can bank that money to save a few hundred jobs here and there, whether it's the best option in terms of fighting crime is debatable
It is all central since 2012. so i imagine that each force pays as part of SLA for them to be available. Still rubbish way of doing it. I think as of today there is one helicopter covering the north based at Newcastle and it covers from south of Middlesbrough up to borders and also the cumbria. Allegedly according to NPAS website there is a national saving of £15m

I don't doubt that numbers are less, but what impact has that had on crime rates?
Use Northumbria as an example from Home Office stats (https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/police-recorded-crime-open-data-tables)

Crime recording changes came about in 2012-13 with some further changes more recently but it is important to compare stats using the same collection methods for better comparisons.

In 2012-13 there were 67,574 recorded crimes (12 murders)
In 2015-16 there were 93,758 recorded crimes (15 murders)
Already in 2016/17 (Q1 & Q2) there have been 7 murders,

Last edited:
It is all central since 2012. so i imagine that each force pays as part of SLA for them to be available. Still rubbish way of doing it. I think as of today there is one helicopter covering the north based at Newcastle and it covers from south of Middlesbrough up to borders and also the cumbria. Allegedly according to NPAS website there is a national saving of £15m
It might be an elastic thing, when more folk start pinching and burning out cars again there might be more demand for it but cars got harder to nick and Joyriding isn't as much of a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back