Police funding has been cut 25 per cent

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're not keeping up. Modern life is absolute proof of how the less you have the more you are able do by 'streamlining', 'prioritising' and 'cutting red tape' etc. Only a fool would believe that giving more resources could ever help in getting a better service!

in the last five years

disgraceful imho

All overseen by Theresa May

This needs to end now, at no point have the public agreed to this, if anything it should be increased every year.

This is what two terms of Tory Rule brings, people have short memories
Should it? Isn't crime falling?

What makes it worse is that firearms police have been increased at the expense of unarmed police. Firearms police don't do much unless they are required, the normal police are stretched like never before.

What makes it worse is that firearms police have been increased at the expense of unarmed police. Firearms police don't do much unless they are required, the normal police are stretched like never before.

Some truth in this but what a lot of forces have done is increase AFOs from the existing staff done by training officers for firearms but only requiring said training for a particular incident. The rest of the time they are continuing their normal duties

in the last five years

disgraceful imho

All overseen by Theresa May

This needs to end now, at no point have the public agreed to this, if anything it should be increased every year.

This is what two terms of Tory Rule brings, people have short memories

Its one thing that left a bad taste in my mouth from the other day was this. May was not only responsible for cutting numbers massively but during her tenure but she came across very bitter when it came to the police and could even argue seemed to have her own personal agenda against them.
Funding would have been worse if it hadnt been for the great work by some PCCs and chiefs.
Stunk of when someone hates cops until they need them. Professionally as ever though they did their job regardless

Last edited:
Some truth in this but what a lot of forces have done is increase AFOs from the existing staff done by training officers for firearms but only requiring said training for a particular incident. The rest of the time they are continuing their normal duties

Its one thing that left a bad taste in my mouth from the other day was this. May was not only responsible for cutting numbers massively but during her tenure but she came across very bitter when it came to the police and could even argue seemed to have her own personal agenda against them.
Funding would have been worse if it hadnt been for the great work by some PCCs and chiefs.
Stunk of when someone hates cops until they need them. Professionally as ever though they did their job regardless
Didn't know that

And aye, she's a shithouse

They've still got the resources to devote thousands to investigating journalists, dead politicians and celebrities, and people saying mean things on Twitter.

Nothing to do with her husband's role of course and a hunger for privatisation

Surprised the OP is not blaming Brexit
Spoiling a serious discussion really mate. Nothing to do with Brexit

Everything to do with the conservatives, who traditionally have been good to the police, but it looks like the police ran out of favours.

No way I'd do a policemans job for the wages they start out on. Too many idiots running around these days

Spoiling a serious discussion really mate. Nothing to do with Brexit

Everything to do with the conservatives, who traditionally have been good to the police, but it looks like the police ran out of favours.

No way I'd do a policemans job for the wages they start out on. Too many idiots running around these days

I know. It's what you generally do

Its ironic for a party with "conserve" in its name, that they do as much as a possible to break up and destroy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back