Police funding has been cut 25 per cent

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is all central since 2012. so i imagine that each force pays as part of SLA for them to be available. Still rubbish way of doing it. I think as of today there is one helicopter covering the north based at Newcastle and it covers from south of Middlesbrough up to borders and also the cumbria. Allegedly according to NPAS website there is a national saving of £15m
Are there any statistics anywhere about their usage?

It might be an elastic thing, when more folk start pinching and burning out cars again there might be more demand for it but cars got harder to nick and Joyriding isn't as much of a thing
It will go full circle and when there is less austerity they will have money and a lightbulb moment of buying helicopters. Short term thinking with long term financial impacts

It is all central since 2012. so i imagine that each force pays as part of SLA for them to be available. Still rubbish way of doing it. I think as of today there is one helicopter covering the north based at Newcastle and it covers from south of Middlesbrough up to borders and also the cumbria. Allegedly according to NPAS website there is a national saving of £15m
I hadn't seen that earlier post. Thanks.

2-3 million quid each to buy, a sky high hourly operating cost and wages of pilots, spotters and maintence crew.

Hopefully they can bank that money to save a few hundred jobs here and there, whether it's the best option in terms of fighting crime is debatable

NPAS are crucial for saving lives. They assist in things such as finding missing persons where cops on the ground cant go, assisting in looking for people threatening suicide as well. Some of these young children. Cant put a price on that for me

NPAS are crucial for saving lives. They assist in things such as finding missing persons where cops on the ground cant go, assisting in looking for people threatening suicide as well. Some of these young children. Cant put a price on that for me
High end Drones can be used for much of that mate and do as good a job in many applications

The apps enable the officers on the ground to see what the drone is seeing taking out the need for someone relaying instructions

High end Drones can be used for much of that mate and do as good a job in many applications

The apps enable the officers on the ground to see what the drone is seeing taking out the need for someone relaying instructions

How many drones per force with each person trained for them? Response time for drones as durham can have npas over top within 10-15 mins, even less sometimes? Area coverage? Npas can cover a huge area in small amoubt of time. They are especially vital in the dales and around rivers as they can scan a river miles long within minutes. I dont know the capability of drones but can they carry the multitude of cameras npas can along with capability of recording it all? Time in the air? Airspace laws etc?

I know fire service are starting to use them i think and the police are looking into the possibility of sharing the resource which beeds to be done more. Why should the fire tools be only used by fire and not everyone when it can save a life and save money.

I will put it out there that there seems to be an attitude that they are deployed for anything without a thought. Its not like that. Getting them off the ground is hard decision taken by Insp rank who usually works in comms.

How many drones per force with each person trained for them? Response time for drones as durham can have npas over top within 10-15 mins, even less sometimes? Area coverage? Npas can cover a huge area in small amoubt of time. They are especially vital in the dales and around rivers as they can scan a river miles long within minutes. I dont know the capability of drones but can they carry the multitude of cameras npas can along with capability of recording it all? Time in the air? Airspace laws etc?

I know fire service are starting to use them i think and the police are looking into the possibility of sharing the resource which beeds to be done more. Why should the fire tools be only used by fire and not everyone when it can save a life and save money.

I will put it out there that there seems to be an attitude that they are deployed for anything without a thought. Its not like that. Getting them off the ground is hard decision taken by Insp rank who usually works in comms.
They'll be able to have one in the boot of every police car, you can get a pretty good one for 500 quid, say 2K for a special police one with Infra red

They'll be able to have one in the boot of every police car, you can get a pretty good one for 500 quid, say 2K for a special police one with Infra red

I think that would be easier said than done. Some pursuits travel miles over mutliple force areas. How will a drone keep up with limited range? Not to mention on high speed pursuits

in the last five years

disgraceful imho

All overseen by Theresa May

This needs to end now, at no point have the public agreed to this, if anything it should be increased every year.

This is what two terms of Tory Rule brings, people have short memories
about time, workshy fuckers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back