Police funding has been cut 25 per cent

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd happily pay an extra five to the pound in taxes if the money was used exclusively on the nhs and emergency services

Most right minded people would, rather than see the resources slashed and burned like this
There'll be people along in a minute to accuse you of being a mental commie pinko with talk like that.

An extra penny would probably go a long way towards putting it all right mate! Where do I sign?

I'd happily pay an extra five to the pound in taxes if the money was used exclusively on the nhs and emergency services

Most right minded people would, rather than see the resources slashed and burned like this

We pay NI! They did have it ringfenced, then someone decided to steal it from us.

Spoiling a serious discussion really mate. Nothing to do with Brexit

Everything to do with the conservatives, who traditionally have been good to the police, but it looks like the police ran out of favours.

No way I'd do a policemans job for the wages they start out on. Too many idiots running around these days

The starting salary is almost an insult. The pensions are nowhere near what they used to be, but still better than owt I'm likely to ever get.

The police do a great job in the main.

in the last five years

disgraceful imho

All overseen by Theresa May

This needs to end now, at no point have the public agreed to this, if anything it should be increased every year.

This is what two terms of Tory Rule brings, people have short memories
It has to be addressed.

While it was good to see such a good police presence at Central Station this morning and it will be the same nationwide, it had me thinking we cannot as a country get in a position where we allow our police to become completely overstretched.

It has to be addressed.

While it was good to see such a good police presence at Central Station this morning and it will be the same nationwide, it had me thinking we cannot as a country get in a position where we allow our police to become completely overstretched.
We already have marra

So what impact have the cuts had and create rates and day-to-day policing? Has there been a detrimental affect on policing? I genuinely haven't noticed a difference. If anything there seems to be less crime?

Sorry to bang on about it but cuts to the prison service are particularly damaging. Barely enough resources to keep prisoners from hanging themselves, never mind preventing radicalisation. The more people we arrest and prosecute the more we will have in our prisons and the combination of the stupidity and vulnerability of the average prisoner and the desire of extremists to recruit more is a toxic combo.

Sorry to bang on about it but cuts to the prison service are particularly damaging. Barely enough resources to keep prisoners from hanging themselves, never mind preventing radicalisation. The more people we arrest and prosecute the more we will have in our prisons and the combination of the stupidity and vulnerability of the average prisoner and the desire of extremists to recruit more is a toxic combo.
Drone flights on the rise too marra

If crime is falling why are the increasing the amount of prison estate to house more criminals?
Fatter prisoners?

Longer sentences for more serious crimes in part.
I agree on that part but its a poor attempt by Home Office to cover up the reality of the situation.

Crime will be static or going up but with a stretched police force will inevitably lead to less crime being reported, recorded and investigated.

I agree on that part but its a poor attempt by Home Office to cover up the reality of the situation.

Crime will be static or going up but with a stretched police force will inevitably lead to less crime being reported, recorded and investigated.
Yes without a doubt. You call the police about having your windows put out or someone breaking into your car and I doubt they'll put any resources into it these days. V much focused on more serious crime,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back