Police funding has been cut 25 per cent

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was talking to my mate's son yesterday. He is a Det Sgt in a town with a population of 100,000 people. He told me that this town's CID was to be closed down and re located 15 miles away.
He said that after 3am that town is policed by three officers and nighttime crime is on the increase.
Frightening

in the last five years

disgraceful imho

All overseen by Theresa May

This needs to end now, at no point have the public agreed to this, if anything it should be increased every year.

This is what two terms of Tory Rule brings, people have short memories

ACAB

The police are now overwhelmed by mental health issues, domestics , safeguarding and the Jeremy Kyle generation abusing each other on Facebook and social media.
They have vitually no time to deal with and investigate crime.

So what impact have the cuts had and create rates and day-to-day policing? Has there been a detrimental affect on policing? I genuinely haven't noticed a difference. If anything there seems to be less crime?
I think one of the big things is the civilian staff that have been cut so the politicians can say police numbers are being maintained. This means the duties they were carrying out now need to be carried out by officers who could be better used elsewhere.

They are reporting less cos of the paperwork, and some of them are using the time saved to have affairs on the job. Fair play.

They are reporting less cos of the paperwork, and some of them are using the time saved to have affairs on the job. Fair play.
There are men and women shagging each other in every workplace in the world. Why is it newsworthy when it's two cops doing it?

It's bizarre. I can just about understand people's interest in celebrities having affairs but why anyone would be interested in the sex lives of MR and Mrs Plod is beyond me.

Agreed. Probably because people get outraged by anything, so if two coppers are on the job whilst on the job it gets people on the likes of "facey" fuming. Perhaps it's a Tory ploy to turn the public against them.

They've used the need for austerity to decimate public spending which suits their doctrine.
Sunderland Council gets stick and in some cases rightly so, but the fact is £250 million quid has been slashed from their budget the last 7 years, and there's more cuts to follow.
The thing is is you see these Tory fuckers being interviewed when it suits bigging up how well the country's doing they always spout the line "5th biggest economy in the world".
Yes a country that doesn't collect the waste, cut's hospital budgets, police budgets and most criminal of all school budgets.

They've used the need for austerity to decimate public spending which suits their doctrine.
Sunderland Council gets stick and in some cases rightly so, but the fact is £250 million quid has been slashed from their budget the last 7 years, and there's more cuts to follow.
The thing is is you see these Tory fuckers being interviewed when it suits bigging up how well the country's doing they always spout the line "5th biggest economy in the world".
Yes a country that doesn't collect the waste, cut's hospital budgets, police budgets and most criminal of all school budgets.

I despise them.

there is local comprehensive school is apparently having to make teachers redundent! One profession that should never be at risk of that fate

The Irony is the police were brought in to get the miners strike under control who were protesting about poor pay and working conditions

The shoe is on the other foot now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back