Pointlessly challenging yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I'm in the gym, (in my mind) I have to hit all reps on my last set or Sunderland are losing their next game. Good motivator but it doesn't appear to have an affect. :cry:

Also relate strongly to @Tadger having urges to do things he shouldn't, twat a gaffer with a mallett, throw myself off a bridge, drive on the pavement and lamp pensioners being some of the usuals.

I try to get off my chair as quiet as pos.and walk out the room without the dog apparently sound asleep in another chair hearing me and following.

Suffice to say, I’ve never done it yet, or even come close.

When I was at junior school ( The old bedeburn in Jarra ) we had outside loo's and always tried to pee over the wall as there was no roof. Managed it quite a few times so I recall.

Used to try that myself.

Now my greatest challenge is just to pee beyond the toe of my boots. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Quality! I’ve often been fine walking/jogging home then I have the urge to just stop and curl up somewhere to sleep. But then I get an inner determination to start off again.

I know a lad whose dad fell over or went to sleep somewhere after being on the lash and he sadly passed away.

As a kid I used to deliver milk, used to see all sorts of people asleep in gardens early on a Saturday morning. I went through a stage of holding my breath and seeing how many steps I could take, and walking with my eyes closed and seeing how many steps I could take before opening them (or being killed by a passing car).

Another one I just thought of on pedestrian crossings here they have countdown timers before the green man goes off, I got into the habit of making sure I stepped off the crossing onto the kerb as 0 appeared on the countdown timer - I stopped when I noticed people staring at the strange foreigner walking very slowly across the road

I do the walking about with eyes closed one - imagining that I am blind.

When driving, try to change lanes without going over the cat's eyes - once managed to do the whole journey from home to Sunderland without touching one until the A690/A19 roundabout (that's about 250 miles).
When crossing the road I always try to make sure I have minimum 4 steps on the pavement before the oncoming car goes past me.
Walking down the street, and there's another person coming in the opposite direction. I pick a point somewhere in the middle and try to make sure I get there first.
When peeing, if someone has left a skidmark, I try and see if I can pee it away. On the same subject, when we were at primary the trough had a line on the wall somewhere about 6ft high. The challenge was to leave a pee mark above that line and not pee over yourself - the cleaners must have hated us.

Another one I do is walk around my house with my eyes shut so i know the lay out instinctively and that i have no trouble in the dark/a power cut.
Suppose it's like pretending to be in some sort of ninja training but without it building towards anything.
I'm good at sneaking in when drunk though.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

When driving, try to change lanes without going over the cat's eyes - once managed to do the whole journey from home to Sunderland without touching one until the A690/A19 roundabout (that's about 250 miles).
When crossing the road I always try to make sure I have minimum 4 steps on the pavement before the oncoming car goes past me.
Walking down the street, and there's another person coming in the opposite direction. I pick a point somewhere in the middle and try to make sure I get there first.
When peeing, if someone has left a skidmark, I try and see if I can pee it away. On the same subject, when we were at primary the trough had a line on the wall somewhere about 6ft high. The challenge was to leave a pee mark above that line and not pee over yourself - the cleaners must have hated us.

I like these ones. The lane change one sounds particularly difficult.

If I’m walking and I hear a bus or car coming in the same direction as me i’ll sometimes Pick a lamppost or corner that I have to reach before the vehicle. Without running.
Pointless

You need sectioning. No offence.

People are slagging the OP but people are always more mental then they let on and do weird stuff when they’re alone and/or have mad thoughts.

I’m quite prone to thinking about what’s the worst thing I could do at any given moment. Like if you’re at a christening you think about running over and punching the vicar and pissing in the font.

Ever thought of being a doer rather than a thinker?

Anybody ever do stupid challenges just to see if you can do it?
Things I do are things like if there's a minute left on the microwave i try to hold my breath until it's done.
Or try and get all the shopping out the boot in one go, end up with about half a dozen carrier bags in one hand and bog rolls wedged in the armpit and pulling the boot shut trying not to drop another couple of bags in my other hand.
Absolutely no need to do it but I just like to have a go now and then.

Wouldn't dare try and challenge myself properly like trying to make something of my life or be a better person
Nah, nowt like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back