Pointlessly challenging yourself

Throwing things in bins from as far away as possible.
And every day I race the satnav to work. Can usually take about 5 minutes off it.
I see the time estimate on the satnav as a challenge. On our other car that doesn’t have sat nav, I try to get a personal best of mpg. Best so far has been 88mpg over a four mile run. Mostly downhill so a fair bit of free wheeling going on.

I see the time estimate on the satnav as a challenge. On our other car that doesn’t have sat nav, I try to get a personal best of mpg. Best so far has been 88mpg over a four mile run. Mostly downhill so a fair bit of free wheeling going on.
You know coasting in gear is more economical than free wheeling out of gear right?

trying to get the empty sack trucks at work to balance on their wheels while pushing them and then letting go to see how far they'll go before they fall over

These things

Logon or register to see this image

If you get it right you can get them to go for a few metres at a time at walking pace unloaded. Its tremendously satisfying when you pull it off.

When i go for a soak I like to guess when there should be enough water while I am not in the bathroom. Then I enter the bathroom and its still too low.

When you’re freewheeling, the engine is still injecting fuel to keep it ticking over, When you’re coasting, the engine sees the revs from the wheels driving the engine, realises this and the ECU stops injecting fuel. That’s what I was told anyway.
If you roll down a hill in neutral then the engine will idle at about 750 revs and not use much fuel at all?

Back