Planet Rock

He sounds like he wants kicking to fuck.

How man Senile Stan go and take the soap out of the microwave.
Calm down man Mini, at your age anger isn't good for your health, your ambivalence towards rock music realy is tearing you apart, get yisell home, take out the leather jeans and waistcoat you've tucked away in your wardrobe, whip out that tennis racket and strut that funkay stuff, rock it out of yourself, you'll feel miles better for it and eh!! no one will know, you can still pretend to be some kind of Euro beatnick when you flounce around town of a Friday night, just keep those Paul Kossoff moments as you're own little secret...;) we'll understand man.

Anyone noticed as well that the women at live rock gigs are always obese. Always seem to be wearing green shiny leggings, wedding present tshirt, biker jacket and caked with comedy Halloween style makeup. I bet they’re absolutely stinking.

Rock chicks always had better tits than punk lasses back in the late 70s.

Anyone noticed as well that the women at live rock gigs are always obese. Always seem to be wearing green shiny leggings, wedding present tshirt, biker jacket and caked with comedy Halloween style makeup. I bet they’re absolutely stinking.

Nope. Haven't ever noticed this at all. The rock gigs I've been to are always packed to rafters with swimsuit model standard of women who are also party animals and can't abide "trendies".

Aye but they’ll have been 20 stone?

They definitely weren't. :lol:

Skinnier than young birds today.

Nope. Haven't ever noticed this at all. The rock gigs I've been to are always packed to rafters with swimsuit model standard of women who are also party animals and can't abide "trendies".

Haven't been to a Rock gig for ages. Ted Nugent at Newcastle Academy about 10 years ago.

Any bands touring that you would recommend. Not any of your intellectual math rock or anything like that. Just a proper rock band that aren't grandads.

Last edited:
Aye!

Then we move on to the 80's Synth type girls.

Last edited:
@mini-x2 would love my mate Keith. He loves Planet Rock and puts about £20 into the jukebox to play all the classics from Twisted Sister, Saxon, Motley Cru, Europe and Scorpions. He has a huge Def Leppard tattoo on his right forearm and a 'Pure Some Sugar On Me' on his left. He has a fine collection of Iron Maiden t-shirts.

Bet he smells of cheese and onion pasties and tabs

Aye!
Just watched that zz top video and I’m not sure what the story is but if I’m right then that lass is in deep shit. Basically she’s given up her job in the fish shop just to go driving about in a buggy. She will wake up tomorrow and regret it big time. Might not be much of a job but it pays the bills.

Haven't been to a Rock gig for ages. Ted Nugent at Newcastle Academy about 10 years ago.

Any bands touring that you would recommend. Not any of your intellectual math rock or anything like that. Just a proper rock band that aren't grandads.

Well, Maiden and Skid Row are both touring at the moment. Though the latter are a shadow of their former selves after numerous lineup changes I bet they still put on an enjoyable gig. Maiden of course are incredible live - one of the best bands you'll ever see live.

Corrosion Of Conformity are touring too. I'd love to see those guys live. Cracking band. Wiseblood (1996) is one of my all-time favourite albums.

Slayer are on the road again. If you've never seen them live I'd check them out. Really good live band. I'm not too bothered about listening to their albums but I've seen them live about 5 or 6 times and they've been amazing every time.

They're all getting towards the grandad end of the scale though, so if you're looking for someone more modern, maybe check out Clutch, who are also touring at the moment...

Haven't actually seen them live but some of their music is canny.

Well, Maiden and Skid Row are both touring at the moment. Though the latter are a shadow of their former selves after numerous lineup changes I bet they still put on an enjoyable gig. Maiden of course are incredible live - one of the best bands you'll ever see live.

Corrosion Of Conformity are touring too. I'd love to see those guys live. Cracking band. Wiseblood (1996) is one of my all-time favourite albums.

Slayer are on the road again. If you've never seen them live I'd check them out. Really good live band. I'm not too bothered about listening to their albums but I've seen them live about 5 or 6 times and they've been amazing every time.

They're all getting towards the grandad end of the scale though, so if you're looking for someone more modern, maybe check out Clutch, who are also touring at the moment...

Haven't actually seen them live but some of their music is canny.
Cheers Fyl I will have a look at Corrosion and Clutch. I nearly saw maiden in 1979 at Newcastle Mayfair but had to leave as my mate was being extremely sick in the bogs.

Back