Planet Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also keep an eye out for Monster Truck. They weren't in the gig listings I just looked through but if you happen to see them touring they're probably worth checking out. Proper vintage style biker blues-rock.

A lot of their stuff sounds kinda samey but it's a nice vibe.
Top blokes too. Did a tour with them last year. Down to earth and solid band. They’re still doing the new album. What I’ve heard of it sounded great.

They definitely weren't. :lol:

Skinnier than young birds today.

Haven't been to a Rock gig for ages. Ted Nugent at Newcastle Academy about 10 years ago.

Any bands touring that you would recommend. Not any of your intellectual math rock or anything like that. Just a proper rock band that aren't grandads.
Check out rival sons. Another bunch of top lads. Just signed to Atlantic and the new album will be getting a big push. If you like them, let me know if you wanna see them anywhere and I’ll get you in!

Led Zeppelin will always be my fave Band even though I listen to very little Rock now.
Well I would think you’ll like GVF. 3 brothers. All under 21 I think. Every show they release sells out in minutes. Saw them in a 100 capacity place in London last October. Just saw them in Philadelphia in a 3000 cap. Sold out. Whole tour was

Top blokes too. Did a tour with them last year. Down to earth and solid band. They’re still doing the new album. What I’ve heard of it sounded great.

Check out rival sons. Another bunch of top lads. Just signed to Atlantic and the new album will be getting a big push. If you like them, let me know if you wanna see them anywhere and I’ll get you in!

What's your band called mate? Got a website or any stuff online?

Think you’ll like it. Another band causing a stir is Greta van fleet. Get accused of being a zeppelin rip off. But got some great songs and are fantastic live..

Watched a few of theirs on YouTube a few weeks back. They were very good but they do genuinely sound and look like Led Zep have somehow managed to youth themselves. Obvs the drummer is dead but by the look of it they've youthed the old Faith No More drummer to stand in.

I guess if you've got the money the technology is actually available! :eek:

Last edited:
It’s called impact. Got an ep on Spotify ‘strength through loyalty’. It’s erm pretty heavy hardcore though! We don’t get classed as ‘easy listening’! Just pre warning you!

Watched a few of theirs on YouTube a few weeks back. They were very good but they do genuinely sound and look like Led Zep have somehow managed to youth themselves. Obvs the drummer is dead but by the look of it they've youthed the old Faith No More drummer to stand in.

I guess if you've got the money the technology is actually available! :eek:
When I was with rival sons and monster truck it was as guitar tech for both of them.. not sure my band would have fit the bill :D:lol::lol:

Last edited:
It’s called impact. Got an ep on Spotify ‘strength through loyalty’. It’s erm pretty heavy hardcore though! We don’t get classed as ‘easy listening’! Just pre warning you!

When I was with rival sons and monster truck it was as guitar tech for both of them.. not sure my band would have fit the bill :D:lol::lol:

I found it very soothing marra, the wife loved it!

I used to be a technical engineer for EMI studios at Olympic Studios and Abbey Road before they sold off Olympic and made a bunch of us redundant.
We have spoken. I remember now. Apologies. Do you still do anything in the industry? Or got a real job now?! :lol: (My aunt asks me that every time I see her. Have you got a real job yet?!) :lol::lol:

We have spoken. I remember now. Apologies. Do you still do anything in the industry? Or got a real job now?! :lol: (My aunt asks me that every time I see her. Have you got a real job yet?!) :lol::lol:

Not at the moment. I had a bit of a breakdown a while back - PTSD, anxiety, depression, social phobia...blah blah blah.... Long and short is that I don't get out much nowadays. When I'm feeling a bit better I've got a very close friend who's doing really well in live sound / lights, mainly for corporate events for large companies but does the odd music tour every now and again. He's said he can get me work as soon as I'm well enough for it again.

For now the nearest I get to that sort of thing is writing/recording music at home.

If you ever need a guitar solo on a recording or any other session guitar work, I'm available remotely. :)

Likewise. You do the same? Not sure if we have talked bout this before?!

:lol::lol: I bet. The warning was there! Obviously not everyone’s cup of tea! But get to play all round Europe. So no complaints here!

I like heavy stuff, just a tad too heavy for me.

I like heavy stuff, just a tad too heavy for me.
Appreciate you giving it a listen mate.

Not at the moment. I had a bit of a breakdown a while back - PTSD, anxiety, depression, social phobia...blah blah blah.... Long and short is that I don't get out much nowadays. When I'm feeling a bit better I've got a very close friend who's doing really well in live sound / lights, mainly for corporate events for large companies but does the odd music tour every now and again. He's said he can get me work as soon as I'm well enough for it again.

For now the nearest I get to that sort of thing is writing/recording music at home.

If you ever need a guitar solo on a recording or any other session guitar work, I'm available remotely. :)
I’ll keep that in mind. Also when you’re back to fitness let me know and I’ll see what I can do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back