Places you didn't like on holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I went to the Spanish resort of Pineda in 1966. The whole street came out to wave us off such was the rarity of foreign travel back then. The pilot stood at the aircraft steps to welcome each passenger onboard. The same pilot flew us back two weeks later, he was killed the following year flying the same aircraft. There was only one hotel in the resort. Spanish women all wore black and collected water from a fish pond in the middle of the town. They all wanted some of my sisters ginger hair, it made her a bit of a celebrity. The hotel owner sent my parents Christmas cards for over twenty years. Those were the days man.

Anyway, Pineda was shit.

Some reet boring bastards all herded onto the same thread here.

It was a crap holiday because it was sunny and all we did was eat and drink :lol::lol: absolute weirdos man

As an aside my worst was trekking across peru on a llama. Slow as fuck and no footy, beer or hotels

Genuine question coz I don't understand: What on earth is the attraction of holidaying in a caravan park? Is it just price? I always presume that anyone holidaying in a caravan park would spend as little time as possible in the actual caravan... but I genuinely don't know.

Cheap and flexible when you have bairns. The kitchen has a proper cooker and fridge and a good selection of pans, utensils etc., so it's easy to prepare your own meals to keep the cost down. You can eat when you want and the bairns can go to bed when they need to. There's separate bedrooms, so when they're little and go to bed earlier, you can stay up and watch TV or read etc. Had some good cheap UK breaks away with mine in static caravans.

I went to the Spanish resort of Pineda in 1966. The whole street came out to wave us off such was the rarity of foreign travel back then. The pilot stood at the aircraft steps to welcome each passenger onboard. The same pilot flew us back two weeks later, he was killed the following year flying the same aircraft. There was only one hotel in the resort. Spanish women all wore black and collected water from a fish pond in the middle of the town. They all wanted some of my sisters ginger hair, it made her a bit of a celebrity. The hotel owner sent my parents Christmas cards for over twenty years. Those were the days man.

Anyway, Pineda was shit.

My parents took me to somewhere in the Costa Brava in 1976 when I was a baby. I was a novelty because I have blonde hair. Loads of Spanish women were passing me around for cuddle while exclaiming "aaah bello bambino" :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheap and flexible when you have bairns. The kitchen has a proper cooker and fridge and a good selection of pans, utensils etc., so it's easy to prepare your own meals to keep the cost down. You can eat when you want and the bairns can go to bed when they need to. There's separate bedrooms, so when they're little and go to bed earlier, you can stay up and watch TV or read etc. Had some good cheap UK breaks away with mine in static caravans.

My parents took me to somewhere in the Costa Brava in 1976 when I was a baby. I was a novelty because I have blonde hair. Loads of Spanish women were passing me around for cuddle while exclaiming "aaah bello bambino" :D
That's Italian man Becs :)

When we first arrived in Split a couple of years ago, our apartment was in the new part. Hated it, we were travelling over for 4 dog shows, I was doing the driving and a woman we were travelling with was arranging the accomodation.

Her instructions from me was that it had to have an enclosed garden or at least be within walking distance of one of the dog beaches.

Get there and the apartment is on the 2nd floor and only has a balcony. Fine for her Westies, not so good for Dalmatians.

Took the dogs for a walk, found they weren't allowed on the beach. Found the only bit of grass in town to witness a vagrant drop his strides and curl one off in the bushes. The new bit is covered in Hajduk graffiti, it was awful.

Thankfully had the motorhome and ended up staying in that on the showground (the rugby pitch in the harbour). From that moment on we really enjoyed it and I've been back a couple of times since.

Just came back from Split, was decent, not amazing but only there for 5 days, seafood was great, 33degrees constantly, hit 35 at the highest. Did Krka park which was heaving but still canny. Blue Caves were amazing. There's a park up at the back of the old town which is well shaded and allows for dogs. People have trouble walking in a straight line, it snows fit women, we hired an apartment on air bnb and it was great, lassy that ran it was lovely too. Cheap food and drinks, nice Roman history and architecture. But i was pretty bored on the 5th day tbh. Beaches are mostly rocky, there's a couple of sandy ones but they're rammed. Took the bus to Bene which was pretty nice.

Noticed a lot of graffiti mind, none of it particularly 'arty' had a look to the Hadjuk Split stadium as well, was a bit meh.

bella bebé or hermosa chica Surely?

Not many really, but Koh Samui was/is a f***ing hole.

Also wasn't all that fussed on Bilbao - didn't dislike it as such but was a bit underwhelmed based on what I had heard from others that had been. Probably stick Vienna in that category too.

Would say we were quite disappointed with Dubrovnik. Seemed quite expensive, too crowded and not really too much to do in the actual city.
Aye, totally agree. Not a popular opinion mind, everyone else seems to love it.

Playa del Ingels in Gran Canaria. Ex booked because he knew I love Spain.

Everyday was sleep until noon. Fried breakfast in English pub opposite. Lay round pool. Shower. Evening meal in English pub or Chinese or all you can eat buffet. Drinking in English and Irish pubs until early hours then bed.

Absolutely hated it and never want to go there again.
PLata del inggels is nice just stay away from deja vu the owners are fine but the person who leases it to them is a waster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back