Peterlee

Whats it actually like?

Which areas are more affluent? Which areas are best to avoid?

The wife is potentially looking to target some of the areas in Peterlee with a business idea, but not knowing the area I'd like a bit SMB input.
:lol: What’s the business :lol:

Vibe is the best club in the North East
Joe cools :cool:

Where the hospital is! Is lovely area, so is Oakerside Park,Lorimers Close Eastdene way, however plenty let’s say dodgy areas too.
The area up towards the industrial estate is a f***ing dump like.
It’s still miles better than shotton

Last edited:

I used to work there back in the day, pop into Peterlee or Shotton Colliery for tabs and the like, sometimes went drinking in Peterlee, a bit rough but ok, I think the worst pub I was in was called The Woodcock or something ? went in on the way home from work, about 5pm, everyone apart from the barman was absolutely pissed

That'll be the Gamecock, which was then called the Red Lion and now it was or still is a Sambuca. That place was like the wild west.

Good times. :cool:

salt of the earth, the drinkers in there man!!

a bank holiday monday, was a different matter like :lol:

The day I was in a lass about 50 was standing at the bar, she downed a half and fell backwards, like a plank, smacking her head off a table, blood all over, the locals blaming the barman for serving her when she was plainly pissed, a massive row ensued, an ambulance turned up and the coppers - I was waiting for my work mates but quietly finished my Campari and Soda and slipped away

The day I was in a lass about 50 was standing at the bar, she downed a half and fell backwards, like a plank, smacking her head off a table, blood all over, the locals blaming the barman for serving her when she was plainly pissed, a massive row ensued, an ambulance turned up and the coppers - I was waiting for my work mates but quietly finished my Campari and Soda and slipped away
You were in a lass and the shock caused her to fall over and bang her head?

Hello there

Whats it actually like?

Which areas are more affluent? Which areas are best to avoid?

The wife is potentially looking to target some of the areas in Peterlee with a business idea, but not knowing the area I'd like a bit SMB input.

Oakerside would be the most 'affluent' area. It's nice round there tbf.

Hatfield/O'Neil Drive close to the hospital are decent too.

Oakerside Park is a nice area. Some canny people in Peterlee like but they do still say stuff like ‘What’s thou on about?’

Back