Peterlee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to teach there.

It has a lot of poverty tbh but I liked working there.

Only time I’ve ever seen a traveller take a horse and cart into a supermarket car park as well. :lol:

We had to ban the kids from going out at lunchtime because they would just go thieving in the local Asda :confused:
Dene house?:lol:

Whats it actually like?

Which areas are more affluent? Which areas are best to avoid?

The wife is potentially looking to target some of the areas in Peterlee with a business idea, but not knowing the area I'd like a bit SMB input.

Heart of Oak a great pub, was in it two weeks ago, lovely people.

It might be worth pointing out that the Council has plans for building rent to buy houses on every bit of grass in the central social housing area. There is also new builds dotted around the town next to social housing areas, for example Lakemore which is one of the older estates, and the new estate where Chatterbox nursery used to be, and there’s a new private housing estate being built at Stephenson Road. There are plans for a massive new private housing estate between Peterlee and Thorpe and a large number of new private housing being built on the old council offices site.

It depends on what the business is, but there should be enough spare cash in the town for most desirable things.

Business rates are though the roof hope she has plenty of extra coin.

It might be worth pointing out that the Council has plans for building rent to buy houses on every bit of grass in the central social housing area. There is also new builds dotted around the town next to social housing areas, for example Lakemore which is one of the older estates, .
I assume you meant to say that Lakemore was BUILT around one of the older estates. As Lakemore itself is one of the newer estates in Peterlee, being built in 1992. I know that because we bought a house there off plans :)
Its a nice spot really, especially if you have a view onto the fields out the back.

They're busy fencing it off ATM, you can see off the A19. Word is they're going to nuke it and start again.

I assume you meant to say that Lakemore was BUILT around one of the older estates. As Lakemore itself is one of the newer estates in Peterlee, being built in 1992. I know that because we bought a house there off plans :)
Its a nice spot really, especially if you have a view onto the fields out the back.

I can see it from my kitchen window! The whole area, including Lakemore, is a part of Passfield leading onto Oakerside. Lakemore is built on land on which the original housing in Southway was built. Just a few of the old stock was left and Lakemore was built between Southway and Oakerside drive. There’s a part closer to Helford Road too.

Croquet Court was built a lot later and stands on the site of a block of three storey houses also Southway. Funnily enough having lived in Peterlee for over sixty years, and in that particular area, (Arun Close prior to the rebuilds and subsequent demolition), for the first five years of my life, and the last nineteen years, I’m quite aware of when and where things were built. I was even there before the battered wives refuge!

They're busy fencing it off ATM, you can see off the A19. Word is they're going to nuke it and start again.

Sadly it’s only sound barriers that they are building. They could have picked a better colour like.

I can see it from my kitchen window! The whole area, including Lakemore, is a part of Passfield leading onto Oakerside. Lakemore is built on land on which the original housing in Southway was built. Just a few of the old stock was left and Lakemore was built between Southway and Oakerside drive. There’s a part closer to Helford Road too.

Croquet Court was built a lot later and stands on the site of a block of three storey houses also Southway. Funnily enough having lived in Peterlee for over sixty years, and in that particular area, (Arun Close prior to the rebuilds and subsequent demolition), for the first five years of my life, and the last nineteen years, I’m quite aware of when and where things were built. I was even there before the battered wives refuge!

Sadly it’s only sound barriers that they are building. They could have picked a better colour like.
Yes, lakemore was built on the land where dart Road used to be.
The houses you referred to that are still there still use the dart Road name as they refused to change it when offered.

Lived there for ten years and my folks still do, 26 years now.

Fun fact, the street was supposed to be called Ashmore, but the council objected as all of the local streets were named after rivers. Lakemore was the compromise

If it’s business, Bracken Hill Business Park.

I used to work there back in the day, pop into Peterlee or Shotton Colliery for tabs and the like, sometimes went drinking in Peterlee, a bit rough but ok, I think the worst pub I was in was called The Woodcock or something ? went in on the way home from work, about 5pm, everyone apart from the barman was absolutely pissed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back