Peterlee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whats it actually like?

Which areas are more affluent? Which areas are best to avoid?

The wife is potentially looking to target some of the areas in Peterlee with a business idea, but not knowing the area I'd like a bit SMB input.
If you're looking to set up a business selling 2nd hand Wonga barcodes, you're on to a winner ;)

Used to teach there.

It has a lot of poverty tbh but I liked working there.

Only time I’ve ever seen a traveller take a horse and cart into a supermarket car park as well. :lol:

We had to ban the kids from going out at lunchtime because they would just go thieving in the local Asda :confused:

Come on now, not all of us were like that. ;)

(Even at the rough school that was Dene!!)

Area wise, Oakerside drive and around the Police station at O'Neill drive (And maybe Church Close) are the more 'affluent' areas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats it actually like?
The wife is potentially looking to target some of the areas in Peterlee with a business idea, but not knowing the area I'd like a bit SMB input.

Its ok, and shit at the same time - depends on what you're after.
The town centre is obviously terrible, but there is an Asda, Aldi and Lidl, and a Wilkos - so lots of bases covered there to save me having to go further afield.

The Oakerside estate, and the newish one beside the leisure centre are the 2 nicer areas - but there's also nice streets in other areas (Lorimers for example)
One of the things with Peterlee is that you can go from a nice area to a bad area within a 2 minute walk.

You're going to have to say what you actually want to know for - then people will be able to advise you better. PM if its easier.

Place is a shithole, went to school and worked there on and off for 40 year or more, but it's no different to any other town round here.

Whats it actually like?

It’s like most places some really nice bits and some horrible bits too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back