Panic Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Lidl today. One out one in. People keeping their distance. Everyone sensible apart from two lads swanning around barging past people. They ended up in front of me in the checkout queue and all they had bought between then was a few bars of chocolate and a can of pop. Idiots 😠

To be fair there only seem to be about 2 bins actually in that article
Can people not even do basic maths? Sell by dates don't change depending on whether there's shortages or not. So even if the panic buyers had been right, this food would still have been wasted.
This isn't true.

Perhaps it was bought in case we went into full lockdown but because we didn't they kept to roughly their normal/shopping eating habits

Last edited:
Queue at B&M Ryhope Road today was f***ing massive like, stretched from the door right the way up to where Story's carpets used to be.

Loads of bellends seem to have an issue working out what 'essential' trips are as well. Massive queue of people waiting to buy food and they are folks swanning out the doors with nowt but bags of compost and tins of paint. I'm only going out to crowded places when absolutely necessary, no f***ing chance I'd risk mine or my families heath for nowt but a bastard tub of Ronseal.

must admit the thought has crossed my mind, now we are a week in and it looks like i might have another 2 weeks in the house, to get some DIY stuff when we go shopping and do a few jobs. only stuff that i can get from a supermarket when we are in like, not going to B&Q or owt like that

must admit the thought has crossed my mind, now we are a week in and it looks like i might have another 2 weeks in the house, to get some DIY stuff when we go shopping and do a few jobs. only stuff that i can get from a supermarket when we are in like, not going to B&Q or owt like that

Wife has had me order a load of seeds.. looks like the windowsills are going to be full

B&Q do a click and collect where they will bring items bought to your car in their car park .

B&Q do a click and collect where they will bring items bought to your car in their car park .

fucks sake dinnit tell our lass that.

we haven't touched the car, or my van, since last monday. might tick them over today come to think of it.

we just walk to asda or the spar

i'm still not clear about ordering non-essential stuff on online, feel a bit shit on the postmen
This is my issue. Have a few non essential items I would like but feel guilty getting them delivered.

Then, I think that at least the person delivering them will be earning.

This is my issue. Have a few non essential items I would like but feel guilty getting them delivered.

Then, I think that at least the person delivering them will be earning.
I know what you mean. I had 4 bottles of malt whisky arrive yesterday, however that could be classed as essential in the current climate.

I still had to show proof of age to the Amazon delivery guy even though I’m the wrong side of 60 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back