Panic Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's fine to be honest. It's keeping the delivery driver earning, plus the store it comes from, the manufacturer etc. The economy doesn't have to grind entirely to a halt. As long as people are working safely it's a good thing to keep money ticking over in the economy, surely. Where possible group into bigger orders I guess, to minimise the number of deliveries.

I upped my malt whisky order to 4 bottles from Amazon on that basis. First time I’ve bought whisky that way. I should have realised they would come in 4 separate boxes! At least it was the same driver so only one delivery, so in that sense I achieved what you suggest 😉

Bash them in the freezer mate.
Due to health and safety, I couldn’t refuse the bread at the door. Have to still take it in and then request a refund online.

So I now have 5 big baguettes, with a use by date of tomorrow, that I need to find something to do with.

Due to health and safety, I couldn’t refuse the bread at the door. Have to still take it in and then request a refund online.

So I now have 5 big baguettes, with a use by date of tomorrow, that I need to find something to do with.

Make some crackerbread with it, or give bread pudding a bash?

Need to go tomorrow. Dreading it tbh. Lidl opens at 8, might hit the bastard then. If I see a queue I'm turning back.

the mrs (no) went to Asda Boldon yesterday, you have to queue 2 metres apart outside, they only have one entrance open and that entrance is split between entry and exit, there are arrows directing you up and down aisles (as opposed to the usual go where you want), you are then stood 2 metres apart in the aisles and at the tills. Stock wise she’s got everything she had on the list for elderly relatives, fruit, fresh meat etc
sounds like what peterlee asda was like on friday according to the mrs. she said there was a young pillock chuntering on barging past the queue and went arse over tit over some barriers which raised a cheer from the rest of the civilised folk in the queue.

Much better since the queue thing has been implemented.

probably putting people off just popping to the shops.

Very civilised.. people going once a week and doing a proper shop.

I'm struggling how much fresh produce I'm getting through.. after about 3 or 4 days im being very inventive to use what odds of veg I have.. jam packed fridge one day.. looks like it's looted 2 days later

Ive never had a problem to be honest, I’m in a higher risk group so the wife insists she goes anyway now.
The queues outside look bad but it’s to limit the people inside, so works very well.
People seem to have confidence in the availability of the products now.

Grangetown Lidl was spot on yesterday around 11am. Only things that I could see had sold out were chopped tomatoes and pasta. No queues either, though the shop was a little busier than you'd think would be the case.

Last edited:
Thought about sending the kids a package of bits and bobs from amazon for shutdown activities. Not seeing much of them but but no idea if they ship non essentials and having second thoughts.
Amazon still seem to be delivering whatever you order.

Make up some garlic bread by slicing the baguette and spreading with garlic butter. Freeze in small batches.

Last edited:
Thought about sending the kids a package of bits and bobs from amazon for shutdown activities. Not seeing much of them but but no idea if they ship non essentials and having second thoughts.
They'll ship it but at a later date.
I’m sure Amazon have said that stuff for kids is in their second highest priority category or something as they appreciate that keeping kids happy whilst they are stuck indoors so parents can work at home etc is important.

I might have imagined that though.

I was looking at gym mats on Amazon yesterday but they were all down for shipping at the end of April. I wanted one as I was sliding all over the place on our flooring yesterday! Found one on ebay who will deliver by Thursday.

I’m sure Amazon have said that stuff for kids is in their second highest priority category or something as they appreciate that keeping kids happy whilst they are stuck indoors so parents can work at home etc is important.

I might have imagined that though.
Ah nice one. Will have a browse I think

Asda fully stocked again. Impossible to maintain social distancing like, with the shelves not being 2 metres apart. Number of people standing around in the aisles chatting on their phones, getting in everyone's way. Is it that hard to make a shopping list before you come out?

Lightsaber fights with the whole family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back