Panic Buying

I am dreading my trip to Aldi today but hopefully I have a young Eastern European dolly bird either side of me in the queue.
I went yesterday and they had it sussed. In and out quickly, got a normal shop (fully stocked) and didn't go near anyone. Stay safe.
Most places fine now, as they would have been all along if it wasn't for the media whipping everyone into a frenzy. There was never any shortage of food, just the system being overloaded by idiots.
This pretty much. The media should have mocked the people panic buying instead of sensationalising it.

Last edited:
Most places fine now, as they would have been all along if it wasn't for the media whipping everyone into a frenzy. There was never any shortage of food, just the system being overloaded by idiots.

Agree - went to my local co-op last night and had most things i needed - even loo roll, hardly anyone around, everyone staying 2 metres apart and respecting till etiquette etc. No problem

Large queues at Sainsbury's & M&S this morning. Must be doing the same one in one out. Went to my local Sainsbury's on the way in to work. They're letting in 5 people at a time but have next to nothing. Ended up in the local shop round the corner from work to get what I needed.

BTW, according to someone I know who works at Sainsbury's, the reason why shelves are empty first thing is they aren't getting the supplies overnight as there aren't any.

BTW. According to someone I know who works in Sainsbury the reason why shelves are empty first thing is because of panic buying idiots. Just like you.

Cant beat a mate of a mate story....

BTW. According to someone I know who works in Sainsbury the reason why shelves are empty first thing is because of panic buying idiots. Just like you.

Cant beat a mate of a mate story....

I haven't been panic buying. So stick that up your arse. Or is it your mouth, as that's where the smell of shit is coming from.

Nooooo.

Please don't say this. @The Lambton Worm has a mate of a mate who knows different....... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I haven't been panic buying. So stick that up your arse. Or is it your mouth, as that's where the smell of shit is coming from.

If the cap fits......

Ffs

went to my local greengrocer and they’ve shut the shop.

Only accepting orders over the phone and have to go and collect. They must have been overwhelmed by people copping onto them. Went past yesterday and the queue to get in was down the street.

Exactly Daily Mail and the rest gave the impression it was going to be end of world, and used photo after photo of empty shelves. Some were just stock photos from other days.

Queue at B&M Ryhope Road today was f***ing massive like, stretched from the door right the way up to where Story's carpets used to be.

Loads of bellends seem to have an issue working out what 'essential' trips are as well. Massive queue of people waiting to buy food and they are folks swanning out the doors with nowt but bags of compost and tins of paint. I'm only going out to crowded places when absolutely necessary, no f***ing chance I'd risk mine or my families heath for nowt but a bastard tub of Ronseal.

I've posted this reply here as it was nowt to do with the death rate thread so I didn't want to derail it with my reply.

Went to three shops today and couldn’t get any chicken, pasta or rice.

Trying to avoid the big supermarkets as well.
What time did you go? The big supermarkets I've been too recently aren't that bad as they're controlling people going in and also restricting what you can buy. People are swerving each other a lot more but I've been going mid afternoon last one being Asda. I noticed pasta wasn't there such as pasta but I got everything I wanted for older relatives apart from a Fray Bentos pie :lol:

I've found various Lidl's and Aldi's to be better for getting stuff also but I suppose it's hit and miss. Are stores staggering stocks at all given not everyone can get there when they first open or is it first come first served?
Was Sainsbury's in Sunderland ram raided last night?
It was the 2nd ram raid in 1 night! The got nowt in the 1st one and whover did the 2nd knicked alcohol. First thought is that they're pillaging already but in this case I don't think so as it's far too early and I don't think it will even get anywhere near shit like that happening.

At about 11.40pm on Thursday officers were called to Spar on North Hylton Road after a car had been driven into the shutters of the store. Those responsible made off without taking any items. Three hours later, shortly before 2.45am today, officers received a report that a car had been driven into the shutters at Sainsbury’s on Station Road, Fulwell, causing significant damage. The offenders got into the store and stole a quantity of alcohol, before fleeing in the car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back