Panic Buying

Asda fully stocked again. Impossible to maintain social distancing like, with the shelves not being 2 metres apart. Number of people standing around in the aisles chatting on their phones, getting in everyone's way. Is it that hard to make a shopping list before you come out?
M&S only allow 2 people per aisle at any one time. Should definitely introduce something similar in all supermarkets.

Much better since the queue thing has been implemented.

probably putting people off just popping to the shops.
Aye, all for the sake of a short wait but all the better for me as it makes shopping easier than the few weeks before :lol:

Asda fully stocked again. Impossible to maintain social distancing like, with the shelves not being 2 metres apart. Number of people standing around in the aisles chatting on their phones, getting in everyone's way. Is it that hard to make a shopping list before you come out?
Have you tried shopping for relatives who want certain brands or won't east something as it doesn't agree with them or whatever else reason you need to call them up to explain there's limited choice and brands at the moment? ;):lol:

Have you tried shopping for relatives who want certain brands or won't east something as it doesn't agree with them or whatever else reason you need to call them up to explain there's limited choice and brands at the moment? ;):lol:
Shelves were full though, nee shortage of choice.

Just been in asda. Was dead. Even got chicken
It's self perpetuating. Once word gets out there plenty of stuff now, people will stockpile less, and things will get back to normal everywhere. Well, until the media decide to create some news and start spreading rumours about the food chain, then it'll kick off again.

Shelves were full though, nee shortage of choice.
Yes there is for some things as there isn't any when you go to look for them so need to discuss alternatives. Shops have reduced product lines so that means some 'favourite' items may not be available at certain stores. Hence people call who they're buying for to discuss alternatives or that they've seen something now in stock so do they buy it now. That's not saying you'll get the odd knackers but I've seen many with paper lists or using lists on their phones obviously buying for others.

Last edited by a moderator:
See the supermarkets are rammed again today with people buying for the Easter weekend.

Was going to go and get some meat for Sunday but turned around and came back.

The queue was easily over 100 waiting to get in

See the supermarkets are rammed again today with people buying for the Easter weekend.

Same here, had a few meetings on the phone this morning, went to the shops at half ten, back in the house by 10:45, fuck that, I'll go tomorrow

Been doing the weekly shop every Thursday and have managed to get through bar an odd thing ..

About to go out.. if it looks horrendous I'll come.home.. just fruit that I'm really desperate for..

We've been this morning, first time in two weeks.. The queue was big to get in, but was moving. Once in it was fine though. You're probably better off trying a local butchers.

Back