Panic Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got an online shop coming later. Tried to get longer lasting stuff to reduce the need for trips to the supermarket. Asda have replaced my bake at home baguettes for fresh baguettes and the bake at home buns for fresh ones. So if anyone needs 4 baguettes tomorrow or 12 buns, then please feel free to pop round 😂

Got an online shop coming later. Tried to get longer lasting stuff to reduce the need for trips to the supermarket. Asda have replaced my bake at home baguettes for fresh baguettes and the bake at home buns for fresh ones. So if anyone needs 4 baguettes tomorrow or 12 buns, then please feel free to pop round 😂

Bash them in the freezer mate.

This is my issue. Have a few non essential items I would like but feel guilty getting them delivered.

Then, I think that at least the person delivering them will be earning.
I think it's fine to be honest. It's keeping the delivery driver earning, plus the store it comes from, the manufacturer etc. The economy doesn't have to grind entirely to a halt. As long as people are working safely it's a good thing to keep money ticking over in the economy, surely. Where possible group into bigger orders I guess, to minimise the number of deliveries.

This is my issue. Have a few non essential items I would like but feel guilty getting them delivered.

Then, I think that at least the person delivering them will be earning.
I think in a recent brief the government said stores could share staff/delivery vans etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Any updates from the supermarkets , what’s it like now? I’m due out on Wednesday and haven’t been since over a week ago as I’ve been using all the shite out my freezer first.

i'm still not clear about ordering non-essential stuff on online, feel a bit shit on the postmen
Thought about sending the kids a package of bits and bobs from amazon for shutdown activities. Not seeing much of them but but no idea if they ship non essentials and having second thoughts.

Won’t have the space. I’m batch cooking soup and base curries all day tomorrow!

Did that last weekend, a load of soup and a load of Al’s Kitchen curries and base gravy
Any updates from the supermarkets , what’s it like now? I’m due out on Wednesday and haven’t been since over a week ago as I’ve been using all the shite out my freezer first.

the mrs (no) went to Asda Boldon yesterday, you have to queue 2 metres apart outside, they only have one entrance open and that entrance is split between entry and exit, there are arrows directing you up and down aisles (as opposed to the usual go where you want), you are then stood 2 metres apart in the aisles and at the tills. Stock wise she’s got everything she had on the list for elderly relatives, fruit, fresh meat etc

Last edited:
Thought about sending the kids a package of bits and bobs from amazon for shutdown activities. Not seeing much of them but but no idea if they ship non essentials and having second thoughts.

They'll ship it but at a later date.

Did that last weekend, a load of soup and a load of Al’s Kitchen curries and base gravy

the mrs (no) went to Asda Boldon yesterday, you have to queue 2 metres apart outside, they only have one entrance open and that entrance is split between entry and exit, there are arrows directing you up and down aisles (as opposed to the usual go where you want), you are then stood 2 metres apart in the aisles and at the tills. Stock wise she’s got everything she had on the list for elderly relatives, fruit, fresh meat etc

Cheers pal, sounds like apart from a bit of a wait it’s very much better organised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back